Rocks and Vistas Garden of the Gods Trail

Rocks and Vistas Garden of the Gods Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 593 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

rock climbing

paved

Concrete Path through a very scenic area.

A great hike! Lots of up and down and of course great scenery.

Well maintained trail. Lots of great views. Was especially nice at sunset.

Love the view of this place. It’s located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This place is one of the city’s historical places to visit. A lot of tourists visiting this places and even CS’s residents. A lot of activities to do here such as: rock climbing, mountain biking, trail running, walking, dogs must be on leach. This is a State Park. I would go back and take my wife there for the first time.

Easy and relaxing

Modified trail due to accompanying hikers.

I agree with another poster, this trail was not ‘easy’ I would definitely rate it moderate. Only the last .25 is the concrete trail, it is mostly rocky, sandy, and dirt. Overall this trail was really pretty and provided some great views, but it was also 5 miles not 4.

Hot and crowded. The concrete path made for an easy walk but it was lacking compared to the more rustic hikes experienced on this trip.

Great trail. Parts of trail no shade. Awesome views. Horses on trail slowed us down. Go early.

Ok first it was beautiful. We started at 8:00 am. The first half of the trail was great for horses. Consider Easy. Then had to stop at the road because horses not allowed across road. Walked horses down road on foot pick up Palmer Trail at parking lot. This part definitely Moderate/Technical for horse/riders. Not for novices. Going up was steep, rocky, narrow. Met at least 20+ hikers. Doable if not busy. Turned around halfway up. We walked most the way. The lower part of Palmer was better but had large boulders and 2 ft step downs. Siamese Twin rocks got off and walked. Nothing but large boulder granite rocks to walk across and steep step downs. Definitely a technical trail for horse/riders. Not for novices.. This time of year was heavy traffic of hikers and dogs. People running with earbuds not able to hear. Be careful.

This trail is closer to walking than hiking. The rock formations are quite nice, of course, but the park is also extremely overcrowded (even though it poured when I was there). In general, this has more of the theme park rather than nature experience.

Awesome little trails throughout. We loved the views. Go earlier, gets busy, but nice. Always bring water!

My husband and I hiked this with our twin girls in carriers. I would say this bordered on a moderate hike at times, carrying about 30lbs. It was absolutely beautiful, and the views were breath taking. We saw less than 10 hikers until we got down to the central garden area which is to be expected. We parked in lot 2 which was perfect for this trail. It also had bathrooms which was a huge plus for us. We arrived a little after 8am last Saturday and the lot had plenty of parking, after being gone a couple hours the lot was packed when we got back. Definitely get there early, it’s worth it! The trail is also 4.7 miles, not 4.0...

Really pretty and very well maintained trail. Saw rabbits, chipmunks, deer and one rattlesnake (so stay aware). Also according to my recording this trail is actually 4.7 miles.

this was a great trail and my kids ages 11, 7 and 3 loved it. It is heavily trafficked but was still very good

nice. paved. some areas to climb up. great view of mountains.

Beautiful, easy and not too crowded at 1030am.

This is more of a walking trail, but leads to a lot of beautiful hiking trails. Very busy! Lots of families, and young kids all around.

I like this "hike" It is a nice way to see the garden and great way to get visitors a complete and up close view. It gets very very hot and very crowded in the summer. I would avoid going during the busier times. As a local I tend to avoid the place in the summer and go during the fall and later in the day. Also don't climb on the rocks, don't go off trail, and clean up after yourself. Also do bring lots of water! I hate stupid and I just don't get how people don't get that.

This place reminds you that earth is beautiful and God is good.

Definitely a nice hike. Wouldn’t be the in the top three I’d recommend to someone going to the Garden of the Gods for the first time but certainly worth doing once the top ones are ticked off. Pros: not super busy, especially as you get further away from the big sights. Easy terrain with some ups and downs. Nice views in spots, especially around some of the rock formations but not the best in the park. Cons: horses share the trail in some spots which can make the smells a bit much at times.

Fun!

Definitely not wheelchair safe. This trail is a mix of a few different trails. Keep an eye on the AllTrails map. A note for other reviewers: please accurately review the trail. Saying this is paved is completely incorrect.

Easy for the out-of-towners but still well worthwhile.

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Beautiful area. We went this past April and it snowed about 2-3” while there which made for some awesome pictures! Really like Garden of the Gods. Very peaceful place.

Sunday, August 26, 2018

We enjoyed our hike of the outer trails. The trails are dirt any different elevations. Between the map we picked up at visitors Center and the signage never got lost. we ended with the main trail that is a cement path. You can go off onto other dirt paths and miss the crowds. It appears most people want to stay on the cement path and walk at their leisure.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

One of my favorite places on my road trip to Colorado this year! So gorgeous and easy trails to relax but enjoy the outdoors. Warning it is very crowded!!! Fun places to boulder or even rock climb!

Friday, August 10, 2018

Lots of people, but worth it because beautiful and unique rock formations. Make the trip if in the area. And it’s free.