Rocks and Vistas Garden of the Gods Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(383)
Garden of the Gods

Rocks and Vistas Garden of the Gods Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 593 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

rock climbing

paved

Concrete Path through a very scenic area.

Ok so it can definitely get a bit crowded, especially on the paved portions and on holidays (or now every day). This is still one of my favorite hikes in the world just based on the sheer beauty of this park. Despite visiting dozens of times I never grow tired of visiting. Normally once you get out of the central area and onto Scotsman or Siamese Twins you lose most of the traffic and can stop and reflect a bit.

Amazing views! We love hiking here. You have the option of doing easier loops or hikes that involve some moderate climbing. Either way, visiting the Garden of the Gods is a great experience

Crowded in the weekends/afternoon. Nice flat trail. Pretty easy had my 4 yr old with me.

Nice, easy trail that’s mostly flat and has great views. I did this on a Wednesday morning and I highly recommend starting around 8:00am (on any trail around here) because it will get packed. Overall my Apple Watch said about five miles rather than four.

Crowded on a beautiful day.

It was pretty.. very nice rock.. only downfall was the amount of people.

This was a great trail. No treacherous spots. It gets off the paved area pretty quickly onto a well kept dirt trail. Nice to get away from the busy paved section and get off on our own. Got to see a good amount of the park. I would only bring kiddos if they’re ready for a workout Saw a bunch of dogs and some joggers.

Beautiful views of the rock formations, Pike's Peak, etc. on this well maintained gravel/dirt trail. Counterclockwise from the trail head was nice since it ends with the main garden on concrete paths. Getting away from the main garden and over to the Siamese Twin formation was worth it. Trail was dry with minimal ice. Not too many other hikers and a little bit of horse poop to avoid but no real issue.

Popular on a Thursday, but plenty of room for everyone. So much to see! Lots of birds and mule deer sightings. Most of it is paved. Excellent photo opportunities!

This is a beautiful hike on mostly paved paths. The rocks are stunning. Plenty of photo opportunities and port-johns along the route in case you need them.

Nice little trail to hike, it can be crowded depending on time of day. There are several other trails this links into you can explore in the garden of the gods.

Holy cow this was crowded. I got there at 7:30 and there were already a ton of people. The trail maintenance needs to be done a little better, on parts there was lots of horse feces and smelled strongly like horse urine. All that said, the park is really pretty if you're willing to deal with all the people. Great views of pikes peak on the backside of the trail too.

This is a great trail. So beautiful but a ton of people during mid day

Pretty busy trail especially inside the garden area. It was cool to watch the rock climbers! Palmer trail offers some great views of the entire park

A great hike! Lots of up and down and of course great scenery.

Well maintained trail. Lots of great views. Was especially nice at sunset.

Love the view of this place. It’s located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This place is one of the city’s historical places to visit. A lot of tourists visiting this places and even CS’s residents. A lot of activities to do here such as: rock climbing, mountain biking, trail running, walking, dogs must be on leach. This is a State Park. I would go back and take my wife there for the first time.

Easy and relaxing

Modified trail due to accompanying hikers.

I agree with another poster, this trail was not ‘easy’ I would definitely rate it moderate. Only the last .25 is the concrete trail, it is mostly rocky, sandy, and dirt. Overall this trail was really pretty and provided some great views, but it was also 5 miles not 4.

Hot and crowded. The concrete path made for an easy walk but it was lacking compared to the more rustic hikes experienced on this trip.

Ok first it was beautiful. We started at 8:00 am. The first half of the trail was great for horses. Consider Easy. Then had to stop at the road because horses not allowed across road. Walked horses down road on foot pick up Palmer Trail at parking lot. This part definitely Moderate/Technical for horse/riders. Not for novices. Going up was steep, rocky, narrow. Met at least 20+ hikers. Doable if not busy. Turned around halfway up. We walked most the way. The lower part of Palmer was better but had large boulders and 2 ft step downs. Siamese Twin rocks got off and walked. Nothing but large boulder granite rocks to walk across and steep step downs. Definitely a technical trail for horse/riders. Not for novices.. This time of year was heavy traffic of hikers and dogs. People running with earbuds not able to hear. Be careful.

This trail is closer to walking than hiking. The rock formations are quite nice, of course, but the park is also extremely overcrowded (even though it poured when I was there). In general, this has more of the theme park rather than nature experience.

Awesome little trails throughout. We loved the views. Go earlier, gets busy, but nice. Always bring water!

My husband and I hiked this with our twin girls in carriers. I would say this bordered on a moderate hike at times, carrying about 30lbs. It was absolutely beautiful, and the views were breath taking. We saw less than 10 hikers until we got down to the central garden area which is to be expected. We parked in lot 2 which was perfect for this trail. It also had bathrooms which was a huge plus for us. We arrived a little after 8am last Saturday and the lot had plenty of parking, after being gone a couple hours the lot was packed when we got back. Definitely get there early, it’s worth it! The trail is also 4.7 miles, not 4.0...

Really pretty and very well maintained trail. Saw rabbits, chipmunks, deer and one rattlesnake (so stay aware). Also according to my recording this trail is actually 4.7 miles.

this was a great trail and my kids ages 11, 7 and 3 loved it. It is heavily trafficked but was still very good