Rock Creek Trail

Rock Creek Trail is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lafayette, Colorado that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a gentle trail that follows rock creek past farms and some construction businesses. Not much shade so prepare for hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

This trail is close and easy to get to. I took my horse and Doberman. We got bit by a lot of yellow flies which sadly cut our trip short. I'm hoping it's only a seasonal issue. I'll try this trail again.

This is actually quite wrong. Except for the very sunny and not much shade part. And I give it 4 stars because if you live up by where I do at the very end of Boulder County there isn't much horseback riding trails over here that you can ride to. This trail is approx 25 miles as out and back. I have done it many times on horseback. By bike or foot starts way up in Erie by Vista Pkwy(horses not allowed north of Baseline Rd) and ends at Brainard in Broomfield. For horseback I start at Flagg Drive and end at Brainard. It takes us about 4 to 5 hours depending if we stop at Stearns lake and hang out for a few. There is a way to get to the trails in Superior on Rock Creek trail leading to Meadowlark trail from Brainard but I haven't done it yet. I need to drive up there and see how to get across the train tracks. I have a map with dots on it showing a way to it but its under construction without a completion date. Anyone care to go by horseback with me? contact me @ hoofprintsonmyheart2011@hotmail.com
This trail also connects to Broomfield about 1/2mile from Pioneer sand yard. But at the top of the hill by the homes near 136th it ends for horses

Monday, August 22, 2016

In an industrial area where there isn't any shade, so you're in the direct sun the entire time. I was running but it felt more like a trail for cycling.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

easy walk among industrial parks. parts of the trail flooded and inaccessible.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Awesome! Ran this with my boys today. the trail meanders through the fields, underneath the highway in a secluded way, and we never were closer enough to any roads to disturb our run. We had the trail to ourselves and enjoyed a beautiful day!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Friday, April 01, 2011

I always connect this trail with the Coal Creek Trail. It is part of a loop that I call the Broomfield/Louisville Loop Trail. I have included a link so that you can view the entire loop and even download a guide to your iPhone or Android if you'd like.
The entire loop is 11.7 miles and is fairly easy. Thanks to good trail planning, you cross/ride on very few roads.