Roaring Creek

Roaring Creek is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice walk with some great places off the track along the river to enjoy. Coming back the views across the mountain range are awesome. As you descend down to the car park

Loved it! This trail is very lush and green! A nice change up from all the dry dusty trails in NoCo. I went all the way to the meadows just before the dirt road, a little over 10 miles all together. I would suggest wearing bug spray for ticks and mosquitos, I found ticks on me a couple of different times after walking through the more dense parts of the trail. Pants might be a a good idea on this hike. Also it was a great bonus that I was the only person on the entire trail! Definitely going to do it again in the fall, lot of aspens!

Great hike! Good that the most challenging part of the hike is in the first mile and a half. The rest is Colorado forest and flowers at their best. My wife and I were treated to a Moose crossing our path, late in the afternoon, on the way down. I think he was startled by us and ran across, and down the path, ahead of us by about 100 feet - pretty close. It was a large (tall) buck, probably young as he was not bulked up.

Good hike! We are from Missouri and visited my sister and we came up for a 2 day hike with her. It was a little cold, with 6-10 inches of snow on the ground. Luckily we got a fire started and had a good meal to keep our bellies full! Great Hike!

Great hike. Had warm weather last week, so a lot of the first snow was gone. Last mile or so was all snow, but the trail was still easy to see. I will be back on this one next year when the wild flowers are abundant and the creek flow is raging.

Great hike. Was turned around by a large black bear at the top of the mountain.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Great hike! Definitely a good cardio workout for the first mile or two then it becomes very enjoyable with gorgeous scenery. The trail follows the river for the majority of the way, great for the dogs to take a drink. Great place to moose and bird watch. We saw a variety of birds as well as a female moose and her calf. At the end of the trail there is a beautiful open meadow, perfect for a picnic.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Trail was easier than expected...wildflowers just coming in...."meadow" is nice...lots of deadfall but easy going. Well-maintained-beautiful views in the first mile.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Very deep snow since the last fall, trail is almost unfindable past the first few sections of the creek, and it is a-roaring with snow melt. Icicles hanging off the branches above the water and that silent packed in winter air. Beautiful place. Would recommend a friend that's been there before if this is your first time, otherwise good luck getting up past the start!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Just attempted to hike this 4/8/17 and it was snowed in for the last mile or so. Also the beetle kill makes the middle of the trail very difficult as it's a constant struggle to determine the best way around all of the downed trees. Still a beautiful hike worth every step for those first views.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Nice trail, but some things to consider. A lot of the climb happens in the first mile or so. At least, you feel it more. Switchbacks and steep steps. Moderate-to-Difficult trail for sure. The mid-section of the trail has a TON downed trees blocking the trail at points. I counted 40+ as of 11/13/16. Be prepared to climb/step over them as needed. Hopefully we get out to cut some up next season.

Yesterday was warm-ish at the bottom, but ice/snow in spots at the top.

Monday, May 30, 2016

The beginning section is beautiful. Hiking through the switchbacks and hearing the river was pretty awesome along with the view out over the canyon. Once you reach the crest and head down into the pines and aspens it's pretty flat and uneventful. We hiked in about 3.5 miles, crossing two streams and then started to hit snow and decided to turn around. Right now the river is too fast to try and fish but we saw some elk and a deer or two on our way back out, not too many people either. I was disappointed that this hike was a runner up hike listed in the Hiking Colorado A guide to the states greatest hiking adventures book. I have hiked others listed in this book and they were much better than this one.

Monday, June 09, 2014

Went at the beginning of June and the creek was looking more like a raging river. The Pourde Valley is an amazingly beautiful part of the world. This trail starts off with a good climb through a somewhat technical rocky area, nothing too serious. Follows the creek most of the way up out of the valley. Watch out for moose..

Friday, August 11, 2017