Rim Rock Trail

Rim Rock Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Franktown, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pretty hike, slightly challenging

My favorite in Castlewood Canyon for the views. I usually do the inner Canyon connected with this one for a nice balance in scenery. Usually pretty empty on the weekdays.

Fun hike. The full loop looks better though. Will try that next time.

Not a hard trail but be warned. It’s getting hotter, so beware of the rattle snacks. We saw two within 30 mins. The first one was a complete surprise as I walked right by it and heard it rattling his tail. Definitely caught me off guard. But other than that, it was a nice time. Views of Pikes Peak was awesome too!

Challenging to find the trailhead (it goes behind the old broken building) but once we found it, it was great. Brought a dog, the climb to the ridge was a quick ascent but not too challenging and the walk along the ridge was beautiful. My boyfriend had a friend from out of town join us and it wasn’t too challenging for him, nor was the altitude climb too harsh. Kid and dog friendly.

Loved the views! Thought I was lost a lot of the time but that just added to the adventure.

Just an FYI - there’s a $7 park fee at the ranger station, cash or check only. Didn’t expect the charge so just wanted to let others know.

nice trail. kind of hard to find the trail at times

One of my favorites to walk with my dog. Awesome views of the canyon.

This trail takes you to the top of the canyon and offers outstanding views of the entire park. The trail isn't marked the whole way, but there are cairns that help through the confusing part!