Rim Rock Nature Trail

Rim Rock Nature Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Montrose, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Awesome intro to black canyon. I love that it's right by the campgrounds and you can go to the visitors center!

Not super challenging but has great views if you explored further!

Views upon views during a nice hike. I combined this trail with uplands and oak flat to make a 3 mile loop; beginning and ending at the south rim visitor center. Did not see another soul on this trail during an August summer evening.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Good walk for young kids, although a bit long for the littlest one. Incredible views!

Saturday, January 09, 2016

We went snowshoeing with our 5 yr old. The trail was nice and had lots of pretty views. Some parts were close to a slope and the trail is single person. So not for younger children but amazing for older!!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

This trail was very easy. I hiked it with my three kids, we all enjoyed the views and the Parks Visitor Center at the end. If you are camping in the park it is worth the time.

Thursday, August 29, 2013