Ridgeline Open Space

Ridgeline Open Space is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Castle Rock, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is our neighborhood trail and I feel so lucky! Beautiful, easy trail for leisurely walking and relaxing.

My go to trail, good views and great for running,

Ran the loop today with the addition of the M to N loop on the far East side. Going clockwise, it's a gnarly little hill coming back up. Also, if your looking far a longer run at the bottom of the M to N loop there is a pedestrian bridge that connects to the Phillip S Miller park trails. There is a trail race " Castle Rock Trail Festival" that will include this trail - Oct 7. Good trail for training and easy to get to.

not crowded but not much of a challenge, shrubs and sparse views.

Nice trail. Easy to walk with great views. Saw my first rattlesnake. Walked up on it....didn't see it until it was 2 feet away. It started to coil and rattle. Lots of bikes on the trail but all were very courtesy. A few runners and other hikers as well. Pet and kid friendly.

I was here early Saturday morning. Was quite and I think I was the only one hiking. Mostly brush , but also has some good views of the mountains. I would rate the hike as easy and I had a heavy pack on. Nice get away closer to town.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Nice adjustable length and difficulty trail. When I went with my dog, we encountered other leashed dogs and good owners. The bike riders were also very aware and respectful.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Great trails. You can make it as long or as short as you like. Beautiful mountain vistas close to an urban setting. Will hike this trail often especially due to its close proximity to Castle Rock.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Love this place. Trails are not too easy and not too hard.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Hiked a few miles of it on October 20th. The weather was good, it's was pretty busy a lot of mountain biking. Not a lot of trees mostly tall bushes, but that made for some good views. I'll probably go again when I can hike more of it.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Solid trail. Surprisingly not crowded for how close to town it is. More mountain bikers than hikers. But everyone was very respectful of the trail and yielding. There is no shade so sunscreen and hydrate appropriately.

Friday, July 03, 2015

Really great trail very large if you mtn bike make sure to look out for others the trails are pretty busy overall though great trail

Monday, May 11, 2015

Great trail for an easy afternoon run. Nothing too strenuous as the ascents are gradual and short. Never saw any rattlesnakes but heard one as I ran by. Great views from the upper portions of the ridge tops to west.

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Favorite close to town trail running! These trails have it all! Short rolling hills, long climbs, steep ups and downs! This trail has a little bit of everything for everyone! Beautiful views from the west side of the trail system. I would reccomend going in the morning or evening during the summer though, the angle provides more shade during that time of the day so its not too hot.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ridgeline is host to the Ridgeline Rampage, which has been race 1 in the Rocky Mountain Endurance Series for MTB. The outside loop is 10 miles but many bypasses allow you to tailor the route to your preferences. As other posters have noted, this course has something for all skill levels. The main trailhead is at Coachline, and the main trail circuit is right off the parking lot. If, however, you cross Coachline from the parking lot, there is a gate that is unlocked and takes you to another smaller section of the trail riding along a ridge parallel to Coachline. Ride safe and stay alert for hikers and other bikers around the blind corners.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Rode today for the first time. Some parts of the trail were tacky which I didn't expect and made it fun on my dry weather tyres.
Good single track, keep your eyes out for sharp rock outcrops. Ascents are challenging with plenty of switch-backs but no long climbs. The descents are all good fun with some excellent berms.
Overall an enjoyable, if not too demanding, ride on a well marked trail network.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

I just hiked this area for the first time. I found it extremely easy - not sure why it is rated moderate - we went close to 7 miles total up, down and around. If you are mountain biking, I could see where some of the inclines are moderate ... Trails are marked very well and periodically there are maps which is helpful. Very dog friendly, but do keep your dog close to you out of courtesy of the mountain bikers coming around (uphill and down) the many blind corners. Great scenery, views of the foothills and surrounding area. Very nice - will definitely return.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

This was my very first MTB experience ever and I loved it. I plan on going back soon and doing it again now that I have more experience under my belt.

The climbs and switchback were challenging and would have been easier had I had my current bike. If you are deciding about a life in the world of MTB then you should try this trail first.

The rating is moderate, but based on what other trails that this app calls moderate, then I would have to rate this as easy.