Reservoir Ridge Trail

Reservoir Ridge Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Collins, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are about 5 miles of soft surface trail. Reservoir Ridge is the northern end of the 8.2 mile Foothills Trail. The Foothills Trail connects Pineridge, Maxwell and Reservoir Ridge natural areas. Trail markers show you the way. Biking on the Foothills Trail is for the experienced cyclist. Visitors to this foothills natural area enjoy its rugged trails, access to the 8.2 mile Foothills Trail, wildlife viewing opportunities and a feeling of remoteness- all close to Fort Collins. Youll see dramatic rock outcroppings, grasslands, mountain mahogany shrubs and a few ponderosa pines. Views of the city, the foothills and Horsetooth Reservoir are great from the trails!

Easy hiking ... moderate climb with beautiful views. Dogs loved it!

Took the dogs out and did about 8 miles. Really easy trail, but no shade or water. We did a key shape loop on the foothills trail, but there are other trails that intersect with it so keep an eye on your map and trail markers. We saw a few deer hanging out on the back side too. Overall, very nice trail and we'll definitely be going back again.

Awesome...

I hike this trail at least once a week. Very rocky, but a nice elevation gain. I've seen deer the past 4 times I have gone.

Parts of this trail are ROCKY! I felt like I was staring at my feet a lot of the time. There were a lot of deer, so it was fun to watch them when I wasn't watching my feet.