Reilly and Levsa Canyons

Reilly and Levsa Canyons is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Trinidad, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Starting at the campground and taking Reilly trail to Reilly canyon. The trail goes up and down over meadows and through juniper and cedar forest. It is dry, so bring water. It is a pretty and tame trail with low to no traffic.

I believe it is 5 miles roundtrip. At the 2.5 mile area jumped on the road to get back to the starting point. When taking the road back it was around 9 miles, the first hill was kinda hard, then all downhill. I would rate this trail for mnt biking as difficult.

Completed the loop in the Levsa canyons trail and it was really nice, super quiet and very peaceful. The views of Lake Trinidad were great. We also hiked down to the water and we're surprised at how clear it was. If I return to Trinidad in the future I will definitely visit this place again.

One of my favorite hikes. Nice views of the Sangre de Cristo range while hiking the hills and valley around Trinidad Lake.

the milage is for one way. good hike, mostly in the valley, nice view of the lake.

Sunday, May 08, 2016