Red Rocks / Dakota Ridge Loop is a 6.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Morrison, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy trail. With beautiful views of the red rocks. Passed a few mountain bikes and fellow hikers but overall not too busy for a Friday.

It's pretty much a reverse version of Dakota Ridge and Red Rocks Trail. First mile or so was boring, but once it gets closer to Red Rocks, the view gets better. Good and fun trail for beginner hikers. Have fun!

Beautiful Trail. Very little tree coverage so plan accordingly with sun and heat.

Was great for beginners. Not too rocky depending on which path you take. Didn't see much wildlife though, aside from a ton of butterflies and grasshopper. I would say light trafficking but I got there at 9am and stayed to 11am. (on my way out there were a handful of people coming in)

Of course I’m from the flatlands of Michigan – so this trail seems great to me.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The summit was gorgeous! Very little shade but a few spots here and there to sit and break. Los of butterflies and saw a couple of young bucks along the way.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Nice spot for a early evening hike w the pup. Narrow in spots, but relatively accommodating to passers by.

Fab for some photos to the south.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Hiking right after a rain with my pup...was beautiful.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

It is a great trail. I am a beginner in hiking, but I could finish the entire 7.1 miles route shown on the map in 3 hours - and it was fun, too. The majority of the trail is wide enough so that two people can pass each other easily. Morrison Slide side of the loop is much more demanding than the Red Rocks side of the loop, but you will see some great views along the way! Also, it seemed to me that only 20-30% of the trail was rocky - especially on the Morrison Slide trail.

Friday, May 12, 2017

West side: Close up views of beautiful red rock formations. Check out the Morrison Slide trail for some top side views all the way south along the hog back.

East side: Dakota Ridge gets your heart thumping as you climb from the parking lot - then views of Green Mountain to the east and Red Rocks to the west.

Saturday, May 06, 2017

The down side of Morrison side was great fun test of timing loved it.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Easy quick outing. Nice on a cool day.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Great experience loved it.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Not difficult at all.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Nice trail to get some exercise. Good views of the city and Red Rocks. Wide open trail most of the way, with lots of traffic around but everyone is super friendly and considerate.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Nice long stroll type of a hike for the dog and I. Easy terrain and very beautiful, especially towards the end of the journey.

Monday, June 13, 2016

no good views.... but a good hike none the less

Thursday, July 10, 2014

The trail itself was very nice. It was pretty and had a nice ambience. It was like a mini Mt Falcon or mini Mt Galbraith but even prettier. Just shorter.

The amount of mountain bikers was INSANE. I could not go 5 mins without having to stop to let some bikes barrel by. Some were nicer than others. Saw a runner get edged off the path at one point. Something really needs to be done about this. Maybe make the whole loop one way for hikers, runners, bikes, everyone. It was really annoying to having to watch in front and in back for bikes. At one point some were coming towards and from behind at the same time and had a little traffic jam while all I wanted was to make it back before the rain. I didn't encounter any off leash dogs, just a few leashed. I don't think I'll be returning here.

Friday, May 23, 2014

The trail itself is rather nice. The Morrison Slide leg has a rather steep climb initially. There are some very nice views from the top of the ridge. However, the trail is incredibly busy with bikers and dogs not on leash. The amount of traffic greatly detracts from the overall experience.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

awesome hike! the view from the ridge was phenomenal! Dakota ridge trail was pretty hard at times because of the incline and rocky trail. I did the whole hike in 2 hours 45 minutes with plenty of stops for picture taking.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

awesome day hike

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I'd call this a medium as far as a challenge goes. There's some steep climbs but they don't last very long. There isn't alot of hike on the trail, all in all we did get a decent workout with this one. It took us a little under 2 hours to complete, and we were happy get into the air conditioned car. I'd suggest going early in the morning as it will get hot.
There was decent scenery and we did see a deer on the walk.