Red Mesa Loop

Red Mesa Loop is a 3 mile loop trail located near Sedalia, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A nice trail, though unmarked and overgrown. The previous review gives great directions on how to actually find the trailhead. I was the only person on this trail, so if you’re looking for solitude this is a good one. It’s easy and not at all strenuous. I believe the only reason it is rated intermediate is because of the difficulty of actually finding and staying on the trail.

poor review only because trail was closed when I visited 4/6/18- super bummed. Great local spots for anglers though if that's your thing ...or picnics

The trail is not very well defined. We got lost in the woods, but the GPS helped us get back safely. The scenery was incredible, and no people around.
I will try to hike this one next season too.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

You have to park at the lot right off rampart range rd for the campground turnoff and walk into the campground .
The trailhead is not marked. It is located at the end of the campground behind site #18. There is no marker, only an old steel sign indicating "no motorized vehicles". The trail down to the loop is a well defined runoff trail which brings you down to a small fairly open meadow. Here is where the loop begins, go immediately right, into the trees along a small creek. The trail itself is almost indiscernible and overgrown. It's a great area, but I did not go to far. I forgot my bear spray and I know this area is frequented by them. It's clear the trail is not maintained if it ever was a real trail, it may be a game trail. I'll be coming back when im better prepared.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

You can access Red Mesa Loop from Deer Creek Canyon.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Folks should know that you can't get to this trail until the Rampart Range Rd. opens for the season.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Hiked this from Plymouth Creek trail; adds extra distance and more views of Denver from on high. Nice trail pretty even once you've already climbed Plymouth Creek to get there; about half is along the ridge, the way back is mostly wooded.

recorded Track - Oct 15, 12:58 PM