Red Hill via Blue Ribbon and Three Gulch Trail

Red Hill via Blue Ribbon and Three Gulch Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Carbondale, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 859 feet Route Type: Loop

The Red Hill Recreation Area is a series of short trails that lead to the Mushroom Rock overlook. A great hike and a great view of the Crystal and Roaring Fork Valleys.

Super fun, relative quick hike that’s dog friendly! We did it in about an hour and half. Awesome views once you get to mushroom rock. Not a lot of shade so it’s get pretty hot. Each trail head is marked but make sure you have a map with you so you know which ones to stay on (I just used the AllTrails map). Would recommend to anyone looking for a bang-for-buck kind of trail

This is a great morning hike with your dog. Somehow, we traveled 5miles according to my watch in 2+ hrs talking with several locals on the way up. Great views on the way up. Got to get to mushroom rock. Then go a little further to reach the top. There is a nice trail back down that is not as steep as mushroom (blue ribbon). Great e exercise for two hours.

It is an easy trail (a little bit steep and narrow in some parts) with really beautiful views of Sopris!

Trails were not marked clearly so we had some difficulty with ending up on a different trail. Beautiful views and was nice that it was close to town so we could spend more time on the trail and not driving to one.

Great views. Went up R’s Run Trail (hiker only) which was steep but quick. The Blue Ribbon Trail doesn’t appear for half a mile or so after the summit which made me think I was in the wrong place. It eventually led me a sign for Blue Ribbon that leads to the road where you start. Upper trail past summit have many spots of mud/snow/slush. Overall nice short jaunt with amazing open views of Mt Sopris for a non-local hiker.

I hike this trail system, including this route, regularly. Iconic view of Mt Sopris and very easy access to TH

Awesome little hike. Amazing terrain and views.

Monday, August 20, 2018

amazing view. I'd love it :)

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

this was my first hike here in colorado and it was an amazing hike the view was great only downfall is i didnt get to climb it all the way up

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Favorite neighborhood trail.

Saturday, June 16, 2018

I began this trail right at mid-day, so it was very warm and there wasn't a lot of shade. I hiked clockwise putting the steepest climb at the start. The trail is well marked at the beginning, but there are so many routes and footprints, it was a bit difficult to follow. The AllTrails map was very helpful and I relied on it way more than usual. I encountered several hikers, a man with his dog, and three mountain bikers - many of the trail routes are open to mountain biking.. It was a good, very warm hike, but I enjoyed it! Note: the various trail named at the sight are differently titled from this hike: blue ribbon and Three Gulch on the trail labels make this loop.

Thursday, June 07, 2018

So far my favorite hike of 2018! Easy hike with beautiful views the further you get. I was expecting to find a rock shaped like a mushroom but instead found myself in a forest with crazy rock formations and trippy trees

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Great short hike amazing view!! There are always quite a bit of people which is a little bit of a down fall

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Love this hike. Short, rewarding and awesome at sunset.

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Loved this hike! The view gets better and better as you gain elevation. The trail is pretty short, but very steep. Go during off peak season to really take it all in!

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Start out parking in a sizable lot along 82 at intersection with 133. Walk along wide dirt road for 0.3 miles until you see trailhead on the left. Trail forks and we went left along the ridge with views of the valley and Mt. Sopris impressively looming in the backdrop the whole way. Follow red dirt and rocky trails up to some cool outcroppings where you can stop and take in the beautiful panoramas. Sunny day views were amazing! Ricky ticky taviiiiiiiii

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

One of my favorites, it's also a good reminder of how wonderful Garfield County people are. All the smiles and hellos on the trail remind you that things are different in the mountains. Brass Tacks; it's a great grouping of trails and I enjoy hiking and trail running with my dog fairly often, it's really not too tough even for kiddos .It is a bit crowded compared to other nearby areas. Still,the views are worth every step!

Sunday, April 08, 2018

awesome network of trails.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Came from Denver to explore the city.We absolutely enjoy the view! It was a fairly easy and short trail and great with the kids!

Thursday, February 08, 2018

Beautiful views of valley fairly easy hike

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I’ve been running this trail 3 times a week for the last 2 years now. Will always be one of my favorites, great for all skill levels.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Cool trail right out my backyard. Kinda crowded. Very pretty, very easy. It takes like an hour or less at a good pace.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Beautiful views, interesting vegetation and terrain (red rocks and soil). Recommend the hike if you are in the area.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Great Hike - lots of options. Someone said this was insta worthy and they were right! And it was the perfect swap for hanging lake; where we unfortunately were turned away by rangers due to the lot being full.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Great views and you can make your hike any distance you choose with all the different options.

Monday, May 29, 2017

I love this trails! #Mountain biking

Thursday, May 11, 2017

So much fun and so much beauty! Loved it. Looking forward to another visit.

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Excellent recommend doing full loop