Rawhide Trail is a 5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful views. Great trail for a quick (2.5) hike, close to Denver, easy ride to get there. Not a lot of traffic on the trail which was great for our first visit here.

Nice trail-pretty views! A little icy though when we went.

Got there this morning at 9 am, parking lot almost full. Went clockwise on the trail, glad we did since we spent the hotter part of the day more in the shade. Good variety in scenery (open fields, forest, view of downtown and golden). Great hike for the pups. Mostly empty a few other hikers and bikers. Would definitely recommend and do again!

Ideal if you have dogs and can share the trail with a few bikers. Was looking for a loop for my two pups and I, somewhere not too steep or rocky with some shady spots. Arrived at 10:30 and it was perfect. There’s also a bathroom and trash can maybe 1/3 of the way in (clockwise) if you fork off to Waterhole that I appreciated very much.

Beautiful views and not over challenging for someone fairly new to hiking. I felt like I accomplished something without killing myself.

Real nice hike. It was surprisingly empty for a Sunday, but that’s probably on account of the rain clouds that eventually opened up. Nice ups and downs for a quick Sunday hike.

Very nice easy hike with some great views.

Beautiful views. Just enough up and downs, shade and open space to keep the hike interesting and fun! The trail is marked well, which helps, since there are many other trails that interweave with this Rawhide trail.
We started our hike at 9 am on a Friday and ended around 12 noon with some decent breaks.
There are some benches along the way to rest.
Scenaries of distant lakes and rolling hills are spectacular.
Lots of beautiful wild flowers, butterflies, dragon flies and honeybees.
Shared the trail with a few friendly cyclists (on mountain bikes).
Very few hikers.
Had a great time.
I'd recommend this trail for our-of-town guests.
Enjoy!!!

Just enough up an down for a good hike - though I'm pretty sure, going counter-clockwise, there was more up than down - not sure how that happens. Beautiful views. Early in the am not too many others out there with me and the pups. Enough shade and sun to give us a wonderful walk through trees and meadow.

Beautiful trail - variety of terrain. Gorgeous views of the Denver skyline, South Table Mountain from the east side of the trail. We hiked to the Sourdough campground the first day via the West side of the loop, stayed overnight, and backpacked out around the North and East side of the loop the next day. Please note that the mileage estimation is off for this trail - AllTrails "redline" shows a direct route for the last 1-1.5 that no longer exists (trail closed). You must follow the Rawhide trail through the switchbacks to get back to the parking lot. I have suggested a trail edit to include this finding. Our total mileage was closer to 5.3 miles than 4.5 miles.

Spectacular views! Started at the West parking lot at 9:15 am. Still a few spots left. Went left (clockwise) on Rawhide. Starts off easy and the trail is wide. Eventually there are some steeper and rockier sections that I think give it the moderate rating. I chose to add on a little extra and did Longhorn to Maverick to Sawmill too for a 7.8 mile total loop. Was the perfect length. Only encountered 1 biker and 5 hikers.

We did this hike yesterday, 7/4/18. Nice hike with beautiful rolling hills. We went clockwise on the trail, and the first mile or so was pretty flat. There are a few uphill areas after that, but everything was easily doable. We saw quite a few families with little kids on the trail. You might want to get to the trailhead early; the parking lot isn't very big.

Nice leisurely stroll with a few uphills. We went clockwise. First mile was a maintenance road

Brought family of all ages (from 3-63), and enjoyed this trail very much. Nothing too steep, saw some bugs, snakes and a deer from far away. Get there early, as not a ton of parking.

Very nice, pretty easy and straightforward hike. Highly recommend going during the week for some solitude. I went counterclockwise on the All Trails map and I had no problems.

Went on a Sunday evening.. saw a bear, deer, a fox, and no people :). It was a really pretty and easy hike with city and mountain views. The last part of the trail (if you hike clockwise) on alltrails is a bit off (it is correct on the alltrails map, but the red line showing you where to go is off). Just keep following the signs and you'll be fine. It is well marked.

This is a solid hike close to Denver. Did this with a group of people of all ages. You will cross a few small creeks here and there. There are some nice scenes walking around, and can see Denver too without it being noisy.

We saw people on horses, and bikes. You can also camp there !

A beautiful trail that’s close to home for me. A detour (not sure how recent) adds about .7 mile to the total distance. You’re exposed about half the time, so bring enough water on a hot day. Bikers were friendly, and overall the trail was pretty dead on a Friday afternoon!

Overcast afternoon, 54 degrees, almost no one out. Great hike, very quiet and easy to hear the forest

Good hiking here & many other trails to connect to, to make your hike as long or short as you want. Enjoyed the solitude on a Wednesday afternoon, otherwise it's usually more crowded on the weekends. Close to home for me, so it's a go to spot if I'm crunched for time.

Awesome meadows. Mountain views. Lightly trafficked by other hikers. Some mountain bikers but not too many. Spotted lots of deer. Easy parking

It was great. Easy to moderate. Beautiful and easy to get to

First half is dry and ashy like a fire once burned there but the other half is lush and green like fairies live there ;)

A bit windy in places, but overall, a really great hike. Beautiful scenery and some fantastic rocks to be seen.

Perfect day to hike on the trail, weather was perfect. Not very muddy, sections there was still some melted snow and mud mixed in but basically dry for the most part.

We hiked this clockwise today...somehow it felt like we were ALWAYS going up? It was beautiful! A little muddy in spots, but nothing too serious. Just remember to walk THROUGH the mud and not around-- it damages and widens the trail when we step off, leading to even MORE mud as time goes on.

Hiked this trail today. Still pretty muddy but if it kept the hoards of people away, I’m fine with that. Nice easy hike with some moderate spots.

Love it

Feb. 13th, sunny skies with wind as usual. No extra traction needed unless you're super uncoordinated. Please pick up and pack out your dog waste, your yellow bag is just as unsightly as a pile of poo.

Very calm and peaceful. Seen a few deer on the trail as well which was awesome