Rattlesnake Gulch Trail

Rattlesnake Gulch Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eldorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

the rocks are SO cool!! fun hike, not super hard

Busy trail, lots of dogs, but great views

beautiful setting, steep uphill climb. had a 7 and 10 year old on the hike, we had to stop many times as it's a long uphill climb. overall we really enjoyed the hike and views.

Nice trail to hike with oldest son and grandson!

Great hike, perfect length, great views and a variety. Storm rolled in at the top and while I was at the divide overlook, made the mistake of heading back instead of waiting it out - cleared back up in like ten minutes. Followed it up with the first little bit of Fowler. Decent amount of people (~11am on a Sunday) but I wouldn’t say it deterred too much

Nice mix of history, railroad and views

Not very good for bikes was very rocky with sharp pointy Rock sticking out. It was only my fifth trail on a mountain bike so I'm just a beginner.

Fairly busy trail but great views and not too difficult. Mostly shaded.

great trail! it took us about and hour and 40 minutes from start to finish. pretty heavily trafficked especially for a Wednesday

This hike took us 1.5 hours - we didn’t stop other than to walk around the hotel ruins and we decided to go up and to the left before we got to the continental divide overlook. There is a little unmarked trail to the left that goes up to a large rock - you can climb on top and the views are amazing. It’s dangerous as there is a steep cliff, dropping straight down. Great weekend morning hike!

Beautiful & scenic. The view from the overlook was great.

This trail is great. I completed it in the winter which added its own set of challenges - traction is a must!

A fun trail with a great lookout area (continental divide). Relatively shady and covered for a lot of the trail.

Steady incline for most of the trail, with a couple of nice spots that you can sit and rest, so it's not overly strenuous, but could be if that's what you want. The view from the Continental Divide overlook is stunning. A great trail, even for those who are afraid of heights as the majority of the trail does not have steep drop-offs. We had volunteers on the trail today, 7/20/18 warning of rattlesnakes, and spoke with other hikers who had seen one, so one needs to be cautious. Can be done in under 2 hours.

Hiked this trail March of 2017. Snow fell from the top of the mountain making it one of the most beautiful hikes I have done so far!! Highly recommend.

Pretty steep, narrow in parts. Nice view of the Continental Divide at the top. Seeing the remains of the Crags Hotel was very cool!

My daughters, 7 and 10 hiked this trail with me. It was steep, we took lots of breaks and there are some very narrow parts of the trail. The view from the top is beautiful and worth the hike.

I did this hike in the fall and it was a little foggy and misty which made it that much cooler and eerie. Steep uphill on the way up but much easier on the way down.

This is a great mid trail for a day hike. Take water and a camera.

Nice hike that is close to town. Area is busy so go early.

Did this hike early July with my 5 and 7 year old boys. Beautiful views, light traffic early in the day. A bit steep for the youngest but we just took our time.

A moderate uphill climb with some great views. Top of the trail is closed until mid-July but it was still a fun hike.

Trail is closed at the top for Golden Eagle nesting until July 15, 2018. Rocky uphill climb. Good views of Continental Divide.

This hike has amazing views, however the loop closed for Eagles and so it is not a loop hike, you hike up and back down the same trail. Get there early or you won’t get parking.

Great views, decent hike, nice overlook at the continental divide. Not crowded on a Thursday afternoon

Good quick hike with great views and a decent workout!

gradual climb with very nice views at the top. **the loop is currently closed through mid July for eagle preservation.

This is a moderate hike with amazing views along the way. There’s a great spot to view the Continental Divide at the top.

Probably my favorite hike in Colorado if I want to show people. The only hike I don’t mind repeating, since I enjoy a new hike every time. This one has some cool history of the hotel ruins. Views of the continental divide west, views of the plains to the east. Train track/ tunnel which is easily accessible but not suggested as it is considered trespassing. Even some fun easy rocks to climb on up at the top.

Wonderful trail. The overlook view was great. Moderate traffic.