Raspberry Chautauqua Mountain Trail

Raspberry Chautauqua Mountain Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Monument, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great little hike with a nice view at the end! will definitely do this hike again.

Nice quick trail. Southern Colorado geology is amazing, so it was worth the trip.

I really liked this hike, great views with lots of wild flowers. The trail was not marked very clear with a specific trail title at the beginning. Some areas of the trail not clearly marked, that could get some one lost on the way back. I use a Garmin watch with bread crumbs tracking on all of my hikes and trail runs to keep from getting off the trail and lost on out and back trails. Over all beautifull hike I will defiantly do again. Very secluded not a lot of foot traffic. I carry bear spray, just used common sense. Great Hike I would include in my Colorado Springs area top 10.

trail itself was enjoyable but views were little to none and it ended at an offroad trail. we just prefer trails with something at the end to enjoy

Would have rated it higher if there had been a lookout

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Awesome Hike! So beautiful with breath taking views. I would actually rate this as intermediate, not moderate. We started at the trailhead from Mt. Herman Road, about 5 miles total. Next time we will plan accordingly so we can do another .25 miles to Palmer Lake reservoir. That would be an awesome way to top of the trip. We also loved that there were not a lot of people on this trail.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Went the reservoir route- added about 2.5 extra miles to the hike. Beautiful easy uphill, breath-taking views at top, but treacherous about 1 mile down hill descent from the top of the mountain. For a more thorough description and pictures of this route, visit my blog at: https://thislittlewanderer.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/chautauqua-mountain/

Sunday, September 13, 2015

No more trail.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

No trail anymore. Just private property

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

FYI: Trail 715 also comes out behind Palmer Lake and connects with the Limbaugh Canyon trail via Balanced Rock Rd. ATV and off roader's have found it, so it's not quiet as nice a hike. There've also many people who have been directed by the local gun store in Monument to go up Mt. Herman Road for shooting practice.
It's wonderfully quiet on a week day. Might avoid it on holidays and weekends.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

This is now my new favorite place to hike on the north end of Colorado Springs. Clearly not frequently traveled as it winds down through a narrow valley full of wildflowers. I really like how it has gone through a renovation and now includes more switchbacks on the up and down parts, which helps prevent erosion. Enjoy the hike!

Thursday, March 08, 2012

I followed the directions on AllTrails mobile, and there is a house built right where this trail used to be.