Raspberry Chautauqua Mountain Trail

Raspberry Chautauqua Mountain Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Monument, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

That smell....is it always there? Anyway about the hike. It was nice but nothing special. The trees offer some shade.

Some nice views along the way but would be good to find a better turnaround point

Really enjoyed this hike the views where absolutely stunning!

This hike was worth while. Although there is not a look out, I still can appreciate the beauty of this trail. I carried my 30 pound toddler and would NOT do it again. It was very tough as this trail goes up and down, up and down. If you are thinking of hiking in this area, I would hike Mt. Herman Peak instead! Here you at least get a look out. It’s not as long, and it’s worth more the pain than this trail.

Dirt road to trailhead, went in a compact sedan and made it — slowly. There is a huge trail system here and this particular route was just okay. Yesterday there was a bit of snow on the trail but no extra traction devices were needed. Where the trail ends on the all trails map above is in the middle of a trail with no view or lookout to speak of. Luckily we met a nice gentleman who told us to continue straight take a right on the dirt road, then take the first trail off to the left and explore around the boulders on Chautauqua peak. The views were alright nothing out-of-this-world.

The trail cuts through a meadow/Gulch which I’m sure would be amazing in the summer with all the wildflowers. That is when I would recommend completing this trail. I likely would not return in the winter.

We really enjoyed this trail. Also glad we brought the 4 wheel drive vehicle for the road to the trail head. It’s a steady up or down trail, not much flat. Today there was still some ice and snow on the trail. We met only one other person on the trail.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

great little hike with a nice view at the end! will definitely do this hike again.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Nice quick trail. Southern Colorado geology is amazing, so it was worth the trip.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

I really liked this hike, great views with lots of wild flowers. The trail was not marked very clear with a specific trail title at the beginning. Some areas of the trail not clearly marked, that could get some one lost on the way back. I use a Garmin watch with bread crumbs tracking on all of my hikes and trail runs to keep from getting off the trail and lost on out and back trails. Over all beautifull hike I will defiantly do again. Very secluded not a lot of foot traffic. I carry bear spray, just used common sense. Great Hike I would include in my Colorado Springs area top 10.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

trail itself was enjoyable but views were little to none and it ended at an offroad trail. we just prefer trails with something at the end to enjoy

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Would have rated it higher if there had been a lookout

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Awesome Hike! So beautiful with breath taking views. I would actually rate this as intermediate, not moderate. We started at the trailhead from Mt. Herman Road, about 5 miles total. Next time we will plan accordingly so we can do another .25 miles to Palmer Lake reservoir. That would be an awesome way to top of the trip. We also loved that there were not a lot of people on this trail.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Went the reservoir route- added about 2.5 extra miles to the hike. Beautiful easy uphill, breath-taking views at top, but treacherous about 1 mile down hill descent from the top of the mountain. For a more thorough description and pictures of this route, visit my blog at: https://thislittlewanderer.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/chautauqua-mountain/

Sunday, September 13, 2015

No more trail.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

No trail anymore. Just private property

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

FYI: Trail 715 also comes out behind Palmer Lake and connects with the Limbaugh Canyon trail via Balanced Rock Rd. ATV and off roader's have found it, so it's not quiet as nice a hike. There've also many people who have been directed by the local gun store in Monument to go up Mt. Herman Road for shooting practice.
It's wonderfully quiet on a week day. Might avoid it on holidays and weekends.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

This is now my new favorite place to hike on the north end of Colorado Springs. Clearly not frequently traveled as it winds down through a narrow valley full of wildflowers. I really like how it has gone through a renovation and now includes more switchbacks on the up and down parts, which helps prevent erosion. Enjoy the hike!

Thursday, March 08, 2012

I followed the directions on AllTrails mobile, and there is a house built right where this trail used to be.