Ramparts Loop

Ramparts Loop is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mancos, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful scenery. Definitely worth the trek.

My daughter and I hiked this today. It was absolutely beautiful! We picked a few service berries along the way for homemade jam. Saw some elk, a small buck in velvet, and heard a mountain lion cub crying for mom. It was a lot of either downhill or uphill hiking. So be prepared to get a good workout in! If you’re looking at the map, we went clockwise from the starting point. It puts you out onto a road. If you go clockwise you need to turn right and go up the road a ways until you reconnect with the trailhead. I suggest keeping your phone charged so you can have the map open. We ended up taking a 2 mile detour. Lol

Beautiful hike with views, flowers and butterflies. Only saw a couple groups of dirt bikers and one other pair of hikers. About 7 miles off 160 behind Echo Basin. Easy to find and nice, well-marked trail. Great time!