Rainbow Lake Trail

Rainbow Lake Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Frisco, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great for snowshoeing. This is my go to hike for bringing out of town guests who haven't acclimated to the altitude. It's also a hike I like to do when I have other things to do, but need a walk in the woods, because it doesn't take very long and the lake is peaceful.

I do this hike once a week. Beautiful views on a short hike, which can easily be extended in different directions. In winter (snowshoeing), lots of different mountain views, fall has amazing aspens and spring is lovely too. Watch out for moose!

Fairly simple hike with nice views at the lake when you finish.

"Kid-friendly" doesn't mean anything less beautiful! My first time on this trail and I was amazed by the beauty of it. The trail was pretty packed down today, so I went off trail a bit because I wanted to use snow shoes. Can't wait to see it in the Fall.

Beautiful trail!

Short hike to the lake, with lots of possibilities to continue on for a longer hike or bike ride.