Rainbow Gulch

Rainbow Gulch is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice light hike. Plenty of side trails and views.

Definitely a wonderful walk, beautiful views and not a ton of people. Earlier in the day is better.

What pretty trail. Loved the water, boulders and destination of the reservoir. This was a great hike just right for us, our dog and 4 kids under 7.

very nice hike it took us 2 hours to do it and it was about 3.36 miles total. not a hard hike at all.

I love this trail! It is an easy walk, with a stunning postcard view the entire way.

Great easy trail that leads to Rampart Reservoir. Beautiful scenery along a trail easy enough for the kiddos to enjoy too.

Nice trail. pretty easy, though the distance makes up for it for a good workout. Pretty windy at times around the reservoir.

More like a Moderate Hike. Great trail, in March plenty of water roaring down the river & opens up to Rampart Reservoir with plenty of people fishing. Great 1/2 day to full day track. Take Yaktracks if snow on ground for icy patches. Took out of state family their for hike & picnic & loved it!

I walked my dogs here today (3/7/17) and the weather was perfect. The sound of the trees waving in the wind and the echoes of the stream that hand rails the trail will allow anyone to temporarily forget the stress of life while enjoying the glory of mother nature. I culminated my trail and the Rampart Reservoir, where my dogs enjoyed some well deserved ice cold water while soaking in the warm Colorado sun. I even had the privilege to witness a pack of approximately 100 elk running their game trail. They congregated for about a minute and vanished just as quickly as they appeared. I recommend this to any outsider young or senior.