Rainbow Gulch

Rainbow Gulch is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is absolutely gorgeous! It was snowing pretty steady the whole time I was on the trail and it was literally like strolling through a hallmark card. I would recommend this trail to anyone who loves a steady trail and great views. I will definitely be doing this trail again and again!

Long but easy. Wide trail. Beautiful scenery. Follows a gorgeous creek for a while and ends at a lake. Fishing allowed. Saw a lot of families.

Wide trail and very dog friendly. Not difficult, completed in a few hours. Reservoir was pretty and there were many places to throw a stick for the dog. Will do again.

I take this trail regularly during the summer and fall. It's my go to running trail. Smooth path with some ups and downs but nothing too crazy. Nice run with amazing views in high altitude, can't get much better.

Beautiful trail. Can make it with a sport stroller a fair distance.

Really pretty. Easy for Seniors like us, and four legged buddy “Bo”

Great hike.
Seen plenty of fish caught,and elk and bear tracks near end where it opens up.

Nice easy hike for beginners. Lots of bikers and families.

super easy hike. pretty level, no noticeable elevation gain. gorgeous views. the aspens are a little past peak but completly worth it. I'm going to hike it again for sure.

Beautiful, easy hike. Great for kids, dogs, beginning hikers. Plenty of wild flowers. Gorgeous walk beside a creek, with a reservoir at the end. Walk as far as you want along the side of the reservoir. Very pretty.

Nice quick trial that isn't too difficult and has lots of great views. As soon as you hit the running water you will be faced with a left path and a right path, go left for a nice easy walk and right for a bit more of a challenge. Was the only one on the trail at 7 am.

Super easy trail with alot of great scenery. There is also a trail that breaks away leading to a teepee.

One of my favorite places on earth. So beautiful

Great hike for my pups and I. Not too crowded and a ton of wild flowers. Will do it again for sure.

loved it! we got to the lake and my dog had so much fun swimming!

Breathtaking hike my dogs had so much fun.

Nice light hike. Plenty of side trails and views.

Definitely a wonderful walk, beautiful views and not a ton of people. Earlier in the day is better.

What pretty trail. Loved the water, boulders and destination of the reservoir. This was a great hike just right for us, our dog and 4 kids under 7.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

very nice hike it took us 2 hours to do it and it was about 3.36 miles total. not a hard hike at all.

Friday, March 24, 2017

I love this trail! It is an easy walk, with a stunning postcard view the entire way.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Great easy trail that leads to Rampart Reservoir. Beautiful scenery along a trail easy enough for the kiddos to enjoy too.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Nice trail. pretty easy, though the distance makes up for it for a good workout. Pretty windy at times around the reservoir.

Friday, March 17, 2017

More like a Moderate Hike. Great trail, in March plenty of water roaring down the river & opens up to Rampart Reservoir with plenty of people fishing. Great 1/2 day to full day track. Take Yaktracks if snow on ground for icy patches. Took out of state family their for hike & picnic & loved it!

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

I walked my dogs here today (3/7/17) and the weather was perfect. The sound of the trees waving in the wind and the echoes of the stream that hand rails the trail will allow anyone to temporarily forget the stress of life while enjoying the glory of mother nature. I culminated my trail and the Rampart Reservoir, where my dogs enjoyed some well deserved ice cold water while soaking in the warm Colorado sun. I even had the privilege to witness a pack of approximately 100 elk running their game trail. They congregated for about a minute and vanished just as quickly as they appeared. I recommend this to any outsider young or senior.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My dogs and I love this trail. We hiked today (2.20.17) and parts of the trail were still covered in snow and ice. Someone also built a pretty cool TeePee structure in the middle of the field.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Super beautiful trail, was icy at first but then softened up. Great views of the river that feeds the reservoir. The trail then opens up to reservoir and that was a sight to see. Our dogs loved playing it the water (not the fast flowing areas) and even walked on the frozen water! I highly recommend this trail!

Friday, February 03, 2017

Even with all the snow it is still a great hike. Only thing to be aware of is you need to be a little more careful as some spots do have sheets of ice. But as long as you are paying attention and go slow over those spots they are not that bad.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Absolutely beautiful .. great trail and the reservoir at the end is amazing ;)

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Wonderful hike at Rainbow Gulch with my hubby today! Will definitely be back!