Rainbow Gulch

Rainbow Gulch is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this trail! It is an easy walk, with a stunning postcard view the entire way.

Great easy trail that leads to Rampart Reservoir. Beautiful scenery along a trail easy enough for the kiddos to enjoy too.

Nice trail. pretty easy, though the distance makes up for it for a good workout. Pretty windy at times around the reservoir.

More like a Moderate Hike. Great trail, in March plenty of water roaring down the river & opens up to Rampart Reservoir with plenty of people fishing. Great 1/2 day to full day track. Take Yaktracks if snow on ground for icy patches. Took out of state family their for hike & picnic & loved it!

I walked my dogs here today (3/7/17) and the weather was perfect. The sound of the trees waving in the wind and the echoes of the stream that hand rails the trail will allow anyone to temporarily forget the stress of life while enjoying the glory of mother nature. I culminated my trail and the Rampart Reservoir, where my dogs enjoyed some well deserved ice cold water while soaking in the warm Colorado sun. I even had the privilege to witness a pack of approximately 100 elk running their game trail. They congregated for about a minute and vanished just as quickly as they appeared. I recommend this to any outsider young or senior.

My dogs and I love this trail. We hiked today (2.20.17) and parts of the trail were still covered in snow and ice. Someone also built a pretty cool TeePee structure in the middle of the field.

Super beautiful trail, was icy at first but then softened up. Great views of the river that feeds the reservoir. The trail then opens up to reservoir and that was a sight to see. Our dogs loved playing it the water (not the fast flowing areas) and even walked on the frozen water! I highly recommend this trail!

Even with all the snow it is still a great hike. Only thing to be aware of is you need to be a little more careful as some spots do have sheets of ice. But as long as you are paying attention and go slow over those spots they are not that bad.

Absolutely beautiful .. great trail and the reservoir at the end is amazing ;)

Wonderful hike at Rainbow Gulch with my hubby today! Will definitely be back!

Great trail to acclimate yourself to the higher altitude hiking. I came out here with the intention of seeing the aspen groves but most all had already shed their leaves (10-14-16). Cute stream runs through... take the RIGHT trail at the mouth for a more rugged experience or the LEFT for a less rugged time. The reservoir is very low so you can see all the water lines, very cool! Will definitely do this trail again.

It was a great easy hike, out of the way enough that it wasn't crazy crowded. Once you meet the stream there is a trail on either side of the stream, the trail to the left is wider and had some great views of the aspens changing, but the trail to the right was still very easy to hike and a little more covered if you're into hiding from the sun like we are. Very enjoyable hike, would definitely take my visiting friends on this since it's not too hard and there's not much elevation gain.

Absolutely beautiful!