Learn more

Rainbow Falls is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Manitou Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.5 miles Elevation Gain: 101 feet Route Type: Out & Back

[The park is closed completely from November through March.] The trailhead is west from the switchback along the old road bed, then parallels Cascade Creek. The trail ends at the falls just beneath an overpass from highway 24.

Nice little gem that we discovered by accident...thanks to finicky GPS. Quite an easy path to falls, which are kinda hidden behind/under an old bridge. Mixed opinion on the bridge graffiti. At least, there was nothing vulgar ... none we could see, anyway. No reason to stay to stay here long, for us ... just had to check it out

closed

Trail is open Friday-Monday during the summer.

open on weekends.

So the road that you’re supposed to go down is called Serpentine and it’s easier to access when heading west through manitou springs. When we arrived to the gates at rainbow falls, the signs suggested a $1 donation. The gentleman greeting said that they were at full capacity at the falls, which I assume is due to social distancing. So, I’m impatient and just walked down to the creek, soaked my feet and went under the tunnel. Pretty cool little area with a little difficulty getting around. Wear sturdy shoes when walking on the rocks!

This was super close and easy to get to.

flooded
icy

I'm stoned as shit and I'll write a review tomorrow.

not really a hike, but the falls were nice. not a fan of the graffiti

Beautiful place!

It’s open Friday Saturday Sunday. It would be better without all the graffiti but it’s a short walk so overall not too bad

All closed up with video surveillance and a bunch of signs saying stay out. How disappointing.

Very short walk. Nothing exciting.

Sun Jun 30 2019

A nice Sunday destination walk

recorded Recording - Jun 07, 01:55 PM

Fri Jun 07 2019

beautiful waterfalls. super easy which I why I put 3 stars. I expected it to be a longer hike to the actual bridge and waterfall so once I got to the destination in 10min I was disappointed.

Fri May 31 2019

I love these falls been going here for years when was graffiti falls.

Sun May 12 2019

I miss graffiti falls when it was an old, natural gem. Now, it’s taken over by the city, and I don’t like it as much. It’s just not the same.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Finally reopened! They have been working on removing the graffiti, and there is a $1 donation per person that they suggest.

Sun Feb 10 2019

looks like crap...going to nature not some ghetto.

Thu Nov 08 2018

Be aware: the site CLOSED in October 2018, and it won't re-open until April 2019, so don't take the time if it's not open! You can find info on if it's open or not at elpasoco.com. Very Short hike: 0.3 miles max. Not digging the graffiti

Tue Sep 18 2018

It says closed, but I went on Saturday and it was open. It’s not really a hike but it was a beautiful spot for pictures. It’s definitely worth seeing.

Mon Sep 03 2018

It says that it opens in July but they are doing construction on it right now so it’s totally closed. Don’t drive 2 hours for it like we did.

Sun May 27 2018

Beautiful quick hike!

Tue May 15 2018

when you come please bring a trash bag :) trail is expected to open in July

Mon Apr 30 2018

Trail closed till July according to the sign at the trail head. So glad it was clearly posted before I drove over an hour to check it out

Sun Apr 15 2018

This trail is blocked by fences with posted "Danger - no trespassing" signs