scenic driving

This is a wonderful trail. The summit (at Panorama Point, which you can also drive to if you don’t want to hike to it) is absolutely breathtaking, with I think 10 14ers visible. The trail itself is super well maintained and well marked. I was beyond charmed by the wildflowers and Aspen trees along the way. The trail itself was marked as 4 miles, but I clocked it at 5- though my dog and I did make it an up-and-back instead of doing the full loop (that was apparently longer). We got stuck in a thunderstorm on the way to the summit and there was enough tree cover to protect us from the worst of the rain.

Parking is limited at the campground center; it was about 12pm on a Friday and I had to do a loop and lucked out when I came back around. There are bathrooms and maps there, and the trailhead is easy to find.

FYI - print or take pictures of your driving directions to and from the park. I had cell service getting there but absolutely no service leaving, and got crazy lost driving out of the park. It made for a beautiful drive, but definitely longer than I planned to have.