Raccoon Trail

Raccoon Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Black Hawk, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Absolutely gorgeous loop leads through fields and forests, beautiful vistas and excellent elevation. There is an old private cabin along the route and an easy trail back to Revends Run Campground.

4 minutes ago

Moderate hike. Great place to camp, snow shoe, ski or mountain bike

Turned around almost immediately to throw away some dog doodoo, but overall a pretty nice trail. The only spot it was kind of busy was at Panoramic Point. Easy to follow, not too difficult, but also not super scenic. You are mostly just walking through the woods. There were, however, some nice wild flowers in many sections of the trail. We only saw two mountain bikers.

Easy short hike, nice views.

Trail is beautiful. It can be a bit rocky, but for the most part it's great!

I got to the Panorama Point almost 3pm, and I was so lucky to find a parking spot. So many people and dogs! But many people just took a shorter loop off Raccoon Trail, and my dog and I saw very few people on the trail. Beautiful wild flowers. My first time to see columbine! There was a breeze going through the forest, producing the most soothing sound. There was a couple of long climbing hills, but footing was good, and views were nice. By the time we made the loop, there was only 3-4 cars around.

Rich, Tango, and I enjoyed a gorgeous three mile , forested hike. yesterday. Raccoon Trail is a 3 mile loop trail that winds through fields of aspen and wildflowers. It gets a bit steep and rocky at times so I was happy to have my hiking poles. The view from Panorama Point at the top was amazing. We will definitely hike this trail again.