Eagle Wind Trail

Eagle Wind Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hygiene, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Four designated spots for horse trailers. Restrooms available at trail head and picnic facilities. There is also a group shelter that can accommodate 30 people.

Lots of loose rock. Ok views (rock quarry kinda ruins it for me). Static scenery. But get a few stars for excitement cause I saw my first rattlesnake.

I loved this hike. It's very easy with not too much incline, and there's usually not many people there, especially on the weekdays. Lots of wildflowers, lichen, and birds. (A wild turkey joined me on my hike for about a hundred feet!) Just make sure to go on a cooler/cloudy day, as there aren't many trees and it can get really hot.

Very nice, beautiful views, not a lot of traffic, nice and quiet.

Such a great time! took the dogs for a run all the way up Little Thompson Lookout trail. There weren't a lot of people there so the trail wasnt packed. There is very Little to No shade so defiantly not a hike for those super hot days. It was 65°F when we ran the trail and it was perfect! definitely going back!

Nice trail with a gradual incline. No shade but there was wildlife.

Decent hike. Really solid bench locations.

Great hike. My girlfriend and I took our two dogs with us. Had great spots throughout it to sit and chill in the shade.

Perfect with kids