Queens Canyon Trail [CLOSED]

Queens Canyon Trail [CLOSED] is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until December.

closed

This place is great. Sad that it's closed and even sadder that access is controlled by a private entity. Which actually may be a good thing to minimize the impact on the area. Was a great place to go in the summer. The waterfall and the punchbowls are awesome and it's not really a hard hike.

did this hike in summer of 2004.. punch bowls were awesome ..will have to loc pics
to bad it closed...

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Went there today. Tues sept 1 the guy in the guard shack said a good ten years until it's open. I believe him. Until those trees grow back it's unsafe. It's a shame this was the best hike in springs by far. At least I have pictures and memories of the beauty

Monday, February 09, 2015

This is my all time, hands down favorite hike. The trail is mostly shaded, so it is nice in the summer. The falls are a perfect spot to hang out for a picnic. Sometimes you can see big horn sheep at the beginning of the trail and on Glen Eyrie grounds. The hike from the falls to the punch bowls gets a little harder. I am HEARTBROKEN that it is closed. 10 years??? I wonder what exactly needs to happen for it to be reopened...

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I enjoyed this hike years ago before the Waldo Canyon fire. We entered through Glen Eyrie (which is itself a very cool location) at the far end of the castle's parking lot and hiked up the canyon on Mother's Day. When and if the trail reopens, I'd recommend hiking boots, as there were several places where it was almost impossible to keep the feet dry.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Trail is closed due to forest fire. the office said it will be closed for at least 10 years. I don't believe that but that's what I was told this morning.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

If you park in the dirt lot across from the gas station... use the trail map in the app and make sure you head toward the blue dotted like near N 30 St that will be due west of the dirt lot.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

going to be closed for a few years

Monday, April 09, 2012

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Had a fantastic time here today! We ran out of time but plan to come back soon to finish the entire hike. We made it to the peak where you could see the trail leading to the punch bowls.. Bummed we couldn't keep going but had to be someplace and was already running late... :(

Great hike, beautiful area, and will be back to do this one again.
Also, we were greeted by a herd of Big Horn Sheep at the gate when we arrived!! Awesome!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Absolutely Beautiful! Climbing the boulder before the Punch Bowls is tricky as you feet are wet from crossing the stream. The trail is a little hard to follow in spots. Well worth the hike!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Great trail! Easy to get to if you go through Glen Erie castle. Only problem is you have to make reservations about a month in advance. After passing the waterfall from Glen Erie you go up a steep incline then travel a valley and have to climb over some big rocks. Definitely not a beginner trail, but it was worth the effort. Glen Erie has been getting more and more restricting on letting hikers in and will probably close it off entirely.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Its there just hard to find. Aka the punch bowls by locals. Go up rampart just past the water tower until u see the forest trail sign on the right and it drops down. Be careful to not drop into the waterfalls without rope and skills. Almost died this hike thinking it was simple.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I couldn't find this trail either. I think it's been blocked off by various private property fences. I encountered a no trespassing sign and a fence, but after cutting through some rough terrain I eventually wound up hiking through some brush before I eventually wound up hiking on a fire road. After a 4 mile loop I wound up coming out by another path with more "no trespassing" signs. It was pretty nice, but definitely no easy path.

Monday, July 18, 2011

I tried to hike this trail, but I couldn't find it. I followed the directions and found what looked like might be the trail head, but it was behind a fence that said 'NO TRESPASSING NO HUNTING". There was another trail that went north from there, but it just ran along the backside of the business park and some houses.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A fun loop that offers beautiful views of classic Colorado wilderness. Well worth the trip if you are looking to get away, yet you only have a few hours to spend on the trail.