Pulpit Rock Park Loop

Pulpit Rock Park Loop is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 557 feet Route Type: Loop

ohv / off road driving

A hidden gem in the downtown Colorado Springs area. The park is a network of many small trails, with the highlight being the climb to the Pulpit Rock ridge line. The top provides beautiful views of the Rockies. The climb is of moderate difficulty, with the perimeter trails being an easy walk.

I definitely would recommend this! But be warned there are snakes, I saw what I think were garden snakes slithering away from the path as I was walking. There are signs for rattlesnakes but I didn’t see or hear any. The paths aren’t marked and there a lot of bike trails, you just have to look ahead and gauge which way you want to go. The views are amazing once you climb the rocks! There are many spots up there that are flat for you to take some awesome pictures. If you are going to the rock I do not suggest bringing children, there are many loose rocks and spots can get a little sketchy for little feet.

this is an ok trail to Pulpit Rock. good view of The Springs and Pike's Peak. the trail is hardpack and washed away in many places so you must watch your step. a good workout and very close to town.

Prepare to do a bit of scrambling near the rocks. Otherwise views are worth it!

Fun trail. Fun especially at the top getting to look at the city and the mountains. I was scared since I was by myself for any wild life but I only saw a little snake and I got so scared but it ran off.

A nice introduction to my first hiking trip to Colorado - wonderful view!

A little more of a scramble than we thought, great panorama from the Pulpit!

LOCK YOUR CAR AND HIDE YOUR BELONGINGS IN THE TRAILHEAD PARKING LOTS. We drove a Jeep with the top down, and someone climbed in it and stole a wallet. Other than the theft- This trail is great for families, hikers, runners, and bikers. Moderate hills and slopes, but not physically exhausting. The only thing confusing about this trail, was how many different routes there where to get to the rock, we did not decide to use the map, however. Rock climbing was optional, but not mandatory. A great view of pikes peak and Colo Springs.

A fun trail to hike with multiple ways of reaching the top. I’m guessing the outlined trail is the easiest way to go, but if you like scrambling, choose one of the many offshoot trails to reach the top. Slight stretch at end to reach the very top rocks, but other than that, very easy trek up and down. Hiking poles were beneficial especially on the way down. Didn’t see any rattlesnakes, but bring insect repellent if you plan on spending much time at the top. Excellent views of the region from top on what I think is a great urban hike.

Relatively easy hike. As a few other reviews say, a small amount of trails fork into dead ends but if you’re looking to climb to the top of the rock, you can easily find any of the several ways up. Despite being in the city, expect to see some wildlife. We encountered a bear and deer on the same day. Great views from the top!

my family and I love this hike! many different trails to choose from and it's great for dogs! my 4 year old, 6 year old and 12 year old really enjoy it!

bridge out

The app took us off trail most of the time Or thru a washed out trail. This trail is NOT meant for running and someone’s wallet was stole!