Pulpit Rock Park Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A hidden gem in the downtown Colorado Springs area. The park is a network of many small trails, with the highlight being the climb to the Pulpit Rock ridge line. The top provides beautiful views of the Rockies. The climb is of moderate difficulty, with the perimeter trails being an easy walk.

Trail isn’t well marked and there’s a fair amount of scrambling, but for how close to the springs it is, it’s fun! Great view around sunset.

great hike but none of the trails are marked. If you want to stay on the trail you'll need to walk with your phone in your hand and this app open. Not my idea of a good hike

Nice hike. You can take the scenic route which winds around the mountain, or take a more direct route if you just want to scramble to the top. I went on a day after a 5-inch snow; while the snow was mostly gone, the trail consisted of slick mud. Lots of slipping and sliding around and carried a couple of extra pounds of mud on my boots for the duration. A little shocking to round a switchback while ascending and suddenly there are multi-million dollar houses overlooking the trail. I'm sure it's a spectacular view for them; kind of ruins it for the rest of us. The payoff is getting to the top; you can stand on top of the tallest rock spire that you can see from the interstate. I went on a cool Wednesday afternoon and had the place to myself, but I noticed that the parking lot was small and I guess would only hold a dozen or so vehicles.

trails are not marked at all. beautiful scenery at the top. there were quite a bit of cars in the parking lot when we got there & left and we noticed in two separate sections, broken glass from a car window...we're thinking people breaking into cars? wouldn't be surprised after my husbands tires were stolen off his car at a different place nearby. also a sign in parking lot says to secure valuables so...be careful what you have in your car.

Quite a few trails going on here and was hard to stay on track without the app. Not well marked.

really fun! there are a lot of hiking and bike trails and washout so the trail is kind of hard to stay with. a lot harder than I was expecting for easy.
if you're trying to get away from the city, I wouldn't recommend. you're always in sight of either the highway or houses.
but gorgeous views of the whole front range

It was ok. Coming down was a bit difficult.

It was a really nice trail but came across several Prairie Rattlesnakes on the path. So I would just be careful and vigilant. Took 2 of our dogs and they had a blast!

there are a couple trailheads and I had trouble finding them. there are a few that have a small parking lot and then there's one at the end of a street. So there are a few ways to enter. The trail leads all over the place and it's hard to determine which way to go but if you follow the map you should be able to get there. There were only a few people there when I went and nice views.

easy workout with beautiful view. fun hangout and yoga stop at the top

The trail is easy until reaching the base of Pulpit Rock, when the trail begins a quick rocky ascent. We scrambled up some steep loose rocks to reach the top and were rewarded with a 360 view that included Colorado Springs and Pike’s Peak. We took the long way down the back side of the Rock which required traversing a narrow rocky, sometimes steep path. The trails are not marked, so we wondered at times if we were on the right path....we were! Total: 2.7 very HOT miles...temp 91 degrees and most of the hike was in full sun.

One of my favorites in town. So many different trails and loops for a short or long hike. Stroller friendly on main paths; up until the climb to the top. Child carrier preferred for this location. Happy hiking!

Great views from the top of Pulpit and then finish it off with a hike around the 4 mile scenic loop. I saw to bucks and a doe cling to the rocks along the way. Enjoyable and easy hike, except to the top of Pulpit which is maybe moderate. Enjoy!!!!

This app was so useful! Lots of trail options to get you up to pulpit rock. We had fun going off the main path. We stayed on the lookout for rattlesnakes & luckily did not see any! We did get to see a beautiful red deer.

Nice trail. Even though the loop is about 4 miles, you can easily get from the trailhead to the top of the Pulpit Rock in about 30-40 minutes. The last 100 yards is a little challenging for kids but doable. Great views.

So fun and a great workout! There’s a variety of different ways you can get to the top. I wouldn’t recommend bringing little ones because it’s tough to get up there with the .

Don’t be mislead. There are certainly easy stretches of trail in this small but worthy park, but other areas have unsteady footing where children and seniors could struggle. For this reason, I would put this on the moderate side of easy. It is also somewhat difficult to determine which path will take you where you want to go without this app open and a good cell signal - the trails aren’t marked very well and crisscross each other.

Caveats aside, if you take the suggested route, you will be treated to a beautiful view of the city and the front range of the Rockies.

Recommend wearing a sturdy pair of hiking shoes/boots as the terrain can be unsteady and slippery. Also beware cacti right on or just off the trail. Finally, not a lot of tree cover, so a wide brimmed hat and sunscreen are advised.

This is a very short and easy hike. I was disappointed to find someone smoking at the top :-( This makes a good little side trip to take on your way to Garden of the Gods from points north on I-25.

Good overall hiking area. I would rate it more than easy because some of the inclines and descents could be tricky for those that don't hike often. The outer loop is boring and full of dog poo from inconsiderate people. I like the eastern half of the main trail because it's more narrow and less trafficked = less people, dog poo, and screaming kids.

It's a pretty area, and really nice because it's in the middle of The Springs and easy to access. There are many trails going all over the place and there are no signs so it's easy to get off course, but nearly impossible to get lost. Enjoy!

Short hike. Gorgeous views. Fairly easy, but some steep areas. Watch for rattlesnakes on the trail and definitely stay on the trail. One almost got our dog!

Had a great time on this hike. We went off the trail and it made it quite a bit harder but it was excellent rock climbing and great views. If you stick to the trail as described it would be easy for sure.

Trail is short but gives some good views of Colorado Springs.

Took our elementary aged kids, perfect for them!

I just wish the trails were marked.

Great fun, lots of small trails, different ways to get to the top. While high above the starting point, sitting and dangling my feet off the pulpit wasn't scary, even though I don't normally like heights. The trails could be posted better. You can see the pulpit from almost anywhere in the park.

2.14.18 - Super windy! so far, this was my favorite trail out of all that I've done! However, if you follow this loop to the T, I feel it is more on the moderate side of easy, and not just to climb Pulpit Rock. It may not have massive elevation gains, but the trails are narrow, rocky, and trenched. Looks like a ton of fun for mountain bikers!!

I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because there are (what feels like) 300 different and unmarked trails that intersect and converge over one another. I accidentally went off the indicated trail loop twice and only finished by having my All Trails gps map in my hand at all times... takes away from the enjoyment. That being said, this loop gives you a little of everything: Creeks, canyons, bluffs, rock climbing, open prairie, etc. Would definitely do this one again, even with all the issues. Beautiful!!

family friendly and offers great views of Colorado Springs.

Not an easy trail climbing to the top of this rock. The trails around the base are easy, but going up the rock structure is moderate. But it’s so worth the climb. Me and my Bubs are scared to death of heights but we made it to the top and were rewarded with the view of the Rocky Mountain Range. We could even see The Garden Of The Gods in the distance, and Pikes Peak was gorgeous. Lots of peeps were coming and going but everyone was friendly.

Fun