Pulpit Rock Park Trail

Pulpit Rock Park Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A hidden gem in the downtown Colorado Springs area. The park is a network of many small trails, with the highlight being the climb to the Pulpit Rock ridge line. The top provides beautiful views of the Rockies. The climb is of moderate difficulty, with the perimeter trails being an easy walk.

We just moved into a neighborhood backing up to Pulpit so I walk through it at least 3 times a week. Today I decided to follow the trail as it's shown on All Trails. The "main trail" that I followed is on the north side of the loop and honestly looks like a water run off. I was hiking through very tall grasses and the trail was a foot wide at best. I kept having to check my phone to see if I was still on the "main trail". I was pushing myself to see if I could make it to the top and literally almost stepped on a rattlesnake. I know to look out for snakes but when the trail is very narrow with lots of rocks it becomes very difficult to see snakes that blend in.
There are signs that state to stay on the trails. I would recommend staying on the wide trails! If you just follow the wide trail on the north side it's quite beautiful. You cannot see or hear the highway anymore and there is a small canyon. If there was a snake on there you would be able to see it! The wide trail becomes secondary on the All Trails map and then the "main trail" looks like a water run off. Just stay on what looks like the obvious trail!
...I would give this a higher rating based on the wide trails but the "main trail" (on the north side at least) is not kept up and frankly dangerous with how many snakes are in pulpit. It seems like an invitation for a problem.

My first "real" trail since moving here. For someone who has just begun hiking, I think was a good beginner hike. Am definitely going to do again. Great view from the top.

This was a fun hike and pretty easy. There are many trails to choose from to get to the top. Some trails are more challenging than others. We accidentally chose a trail that ended up leading us straight to the bottom of the rock face. After a little exploring we found an easier path and everything was fine after that. Great picture opportunities at the top. We also saw one snake on our way back down we suspect to be a rattle snake, but we aren't sure. Altogether a very fun hike and cool experience.

Great hike. Pretty easy. Nice view too.

There's a lot of ways to get to the top it doesn't have to be a 4 mile hike it can easily be 2 if you go straight for it but it's really pretty and totally worth it not too difficult except the climb up but it's short.