Pulpit Rock Park Trail

Pulpit Rock Park Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A hidden gem in the downtown Colorado Springs area. The park is a network of many small trails, with the highlight being the climb to the Pulpit Rock ridge line. The top provides beautiful views of the Rockies. The climb is of moderate difficulty, with the perimeter trails being an easy walk.

Fun

Easy trail with an amazing outcome. You quickly get a reward of the whole mountain range! Easy climbing area too.

Easy trail and amazing views!!!

rock climbing

Great Hike/Climb. Many different trails to take, from scaling across some boulders, to hiking through a forest, to hiking through a plains-like area. Absolutely recommend this for kids. Kind of a pick your own adventure. Downfall is, once you get to the top, you get a beautiful view of a shopping mall and a major highway. More about the journey I guess??

awesome hike, and amazing views!!! a must see.

Hike to the top was okay, climbing the rocks was even better! BUT finding the trail back was extremely difficult. I got lost 3 times in brush and had to climb my way back up and start over. Roamed through some sketchy areas before finding the trail again. Glad I did it, but pretty nerve wrecking for the most part.

This was a horrible trail! (in my personal view)
I got lost and ended up having to run 3 miles on street roads to get back to my car. There is definitely a lot of wild life (deer, etc. just roaming the trail) and steep parts that you can easily fall and twist your ankle on. If you are a runner, don't come here because you really can't enjoy a run because you are constantly questioning which turn to take on the trail...it is SO easy to get lost.
Who this trail IS for: Adventurous spirits who have a couple of hours and don't mind roaming - perhaps casually getting lost and are okay with wild life freely running into you.
#roamtheworld

The view was great and I definitely want to come back with some friends, but honestly wish the trails were more clearly marked. It seemed easy to get lost and the only way I knew where I was going when I got off trail was by looking at the map on this app.

HIKE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Lots of rattle snakes! We saw the first one at the top of the trail by the rocks, and we decided to head out. We had 2 kids with us and 3 dogs. Not worth the risk. On our way out were saw another one just off the trail and it got my dog. She did not survive the bite. THIS IS NOT FAMILY OR PET FRIENDLY HIKE!

great trail !!

You feel like you’re on another planet at the top! You get some great views of the city. 4 Stars because it’s so hot in the summer and is known to have a lot of rattle snakes.

There's no defined trails once you're on the rock itself. It's basically like scaling a castle it's so cool. There's no barriers or closing times either. I've gone dozens of times. It's free and it feels free to be up there. It's one of my favorite places in all Colorado Springs.

Thought this place was pretty awesome. Noticed it driving by on the freeway and walked it. Cool little area and fun rock formation to scramble with great views.

Hiked this with my 4-yr old daughter. Easy hike with a view well worth the level of effort required.

rock climbing

This is a great place to get some good walking and climbing done.

Just make sure you check the trail map as you go. There are many other trails that cross that will get you lost.

Saw many lizards and garden snakes but no rattlesnakes. Doesn't mean they aren't there though.

Great view. I hike mostly at higher elevation in dense vegetation for the views, but for being close to home, great short morning hike.

cool trail. like the view from the top. its a good hike. the trail is in bad shape in some places be careful. rattle snakes every where in hot weather.

Done this hike several times. Very easy. Open Meadows, gradually increasing to Pulpit Rock. After our hike we usually cross Nevada St. for food or smoothies. then hike back up to University Park behind UCCS Dorms.

Great view at top. Doesn't take long to climb.