Pulpit Rock Park Trail

Pulpit Rock Park Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A hidden gem in the downtown Colorado Springs area. The park is a network of many small trails, with the highlight being the climb to the Pulpit Rock ridge line. The top provides beautiful views of the Rockies. The climb is of moderate difficulty, with the perimeter trails being an easy walk.

4 minutes ago

Great view at top. Doesn't take long to climb.

It's been raining fairly steady here for the past couple weeks so I imagine that has greatly affected this trail. With that being said, many of the trails are dirt only and make for great rainwater runoff and are a muddy mess. A few of these have also run down onto the main trail and have sections of that covered. I started from the north side and attempted to complete the entire loop but I cut it short because of the reasons mentioned above. The view from Pulpit Rock itself was also disappointing to me, unless overlooking the shops at north Nevada is your thing, then you may love it. The entire time I could also hear highway noise which was also a huge turnoff. I had high hopes for this place but unfortunately this was my least favorite trail that I've hiked around Colorado Springs.

Hard to keep on path as there are many paths you can take but totally worth it!

An easy and fun hike if you can find the trail! Gorgeous at the top with very unique formations and views of Pikes Peak.

We just moved into a neighborhood backing up to Pulpit so I walk through it at least 3 times a week. Today I decided to follow the trail as it's shown on All Trails. The "main trail" that I followed is on the north side of the loop and honestly looks like a water run off. I was hiking through very tall grasses and the trail was a foot wide at best. I kept having to check my phone to see if I was still on the "main trail". I was pushing myself to see if I could make it to the top and literally almost stepped on a rattlesnake. I know to look out for snakes but when the trail is very narrow with lots of rocks it becomes very difficult to see snakes that blend in.
There are signs that state to stay on the trails. I would recommend staying on the wide trails! If you just follow the wide trail on the north side it's quite beautiful. You cannot see or hear the highway anymore and there is a small canyon. If there was a snake on there you would be able to see it! The wide trail becomes secondary on the All Trails map and then the "main trail" looks like a water run off. Just stay on what looks like the obvious trail!
...I would give this a higher rating based on the wide trails but the "main trail" (on the north side at least) is not kept up and frankly dangerous with how many snakes are in pulpit. It seems like an invitation for a problem.