Pulpit Rock Loop

Pulpit Rock Loop is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 269 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a great short hike near downtown Colorado Springs. This a quick look up to Pulpit Rock and then back down. Great for families and dog walkers. There are many trails in this area if you wish to extend your hike!

Pulpit Rock’s trails are hard to navigate because the trails are washed out and there are many trails so it is not clear which one is the one to follow. When I was hiking, I noticed how there are a lot of ditches and ravines carved from water. Some ravines are very large, and I had to jump across. The trails are eroded and uneven. When I was hiking through, I noticed there were many trails. We were able to find our way to the rock but some of the trails don’t lead to the rock. It is difficult to find the original trail, when I went, we used an app to stay on the official trail.

Short trail hike, great views of the city. Busy trail, take the loop around the back side to add some excitement!

bridge out

trail not marked. got lost several times. washed out and a lot of places. not good for children.

We considered this a MODERATE hike, not easy as it is listed. There were a few places we had to use hands to climb safely and had to stop several times for water because there was little shade. There are a few spots where the rocks are steep or gravelly, making slipping more likely. We went with our 14, 9, and 2.5 year old. Bring water, wear a hat, and def use sunscreen. Overall, the views were amazing, we saw deer and lizards, and it was fun.

NOT kid friendly... my friend and I took 6 little kids on this trail and I thought someone would for sure slip down the rocky ledge before we were through. By some miracle we made it out okay, but I definitely wouldn’t bring little kids on this hike ever again. Too dangerous for them.

Great trail! It took 1 hr to do the loop with my 5 year old :)

I parked right off N. Nevada Ave when you come off of CanAm hwy. From that little dirt parking lot pull off, I head straight for the highest point taking the steepest route possible. The dirt and rocks are loose so beware on this small pathway, and when you get to the top, you have to snake your way to the top sometime pulling yourself up a slightly bigger rock to get up higher. It takes me about 15-25 minutes. I have just moved here to Co. Springs and been doing this hike every day for exercise for a week or so now. I love this hike, and I try to use different pathways and clean up trash every time I go up and down.

what a great little space to explore the myriad trails leading to the Pinnacle of this rock. what a view. loved it.

Cool small hike that can be intense. When you get towards the top the rock gets pretty loose.

Recommend checking out right before sunset. Nice view of the city and the sun going down behind the mountains. Don’t forget a flashlight if you choose to do so

Thu May 03 2018

This is a great hike for families