Poudre River Trail

Poudre River Trail is a 13.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Windsor, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

This was my first use of the AllTrails software so I wanted an easy trail that is close to home. I enjoyed the trail even though I only covered ABOUT 5 miles of the trail.
What I liked: it was a wide paved trail with benches. Distances were marked. There was shade almost everywhere. We saw an eagle. The parking lot was clean and there was a great map which was actually helpful.
What I didn't like: The views were nice if you like to look at the Kodak plant. The start of the trail from the Windsor side had about 3 or 4 miles along the south side of the Kodak plant.
Overall: I liked the trail it was as easy as it gets. I liked the AllTrail software.

I did a 12 mile run. For a longer run this trail may not be ok if you have bad knees, hips or ankles since it's all paved with cement.
This trail is great for easy biking
You will have to cross the highway and rail road so careful with that
Great scenes.
-enjoy

Super easy, paved trail through the neighborhood greenbelts. Nice walk in the park with some open space sections, but nothing really exciting.

Easy, flat, paved trail along the river, with some ponds on the way. Great for an easy bike ride or stroll with the kids. Look for Eagles, Pelicans, Hawks, Geese, ducks, turkeys, deer, raccoons, turtles, frogs.....that's what I've seen anyway.

It's very user friendly, as it's all paved. Not intense at all because it's mostly level with only a couple places of varied elevation. My boys (8,7) have loved this "trail" for years. We ride bikes, drive remote control cars, walk and search for Pokemon on it.

Flat ground, hardly any hills. Good for a walk with the city nearby, peaceful. Lot of bikers

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Trail was closed about a mile in. Thought about going through it, but my luck I'd be the one to get busted. Honestly, from what I seen, the trail should have been open but with a caution sign

Thursday, April 28, 2016

I biked along this entire trail, it was great! Mostly flat which isn't quite my flavor but a great ride overall. A good trial for beginners for sure.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

This is an awesome trail for beginners or if you have small kids and have to use a stroller (it's paved). It's quiet and the views are great. Lots of wild life. Informational signs everywhere along the trail. We did the trail on the closer side of Greeley and I was surprised that it wasn't very busy.

Saturday, August 08, 2015

My favorite local trail for cross country skiing, when there's enough snow!