Pole Hill is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

There is a gate at the trailhead that seasonally closes the trail to vehicular traffic.

off road driving

Vehicle: 2008 Rubicon with AEV 3.5” lift and 33” tires. Drove it on oct 28. Clear sunny day and the trail was in good shape. Good moderate trail for someone stepping up from the easy trails. Enjoyed the drive and had great scenery along the way with some amazing vistas of Estes Park and the Range above Beaver Meadows.

After going through the notch counter clockwise we couldn’t find the return leg of the trail 247 and ended up cutting across the only marked trail which put us back on the trail we had taken heading up hill. Has the trail changed recently?

pretty enjoyable trail. Couple mostly easy beside the downhill at the back of that trail. I had a wheel up a time or two. You'll want a spotter and or armor underneath

4th gen 4runner 3in lift on 33s

off road driving

Had a Great day on Pole Hill. Not a ton of foliage but still great views. Ran in stock 2018 4 runner TRD off road. Some places where clearance was a bit of an issue but nothing I was unable to handle. Had a great spotter which made it possible. Glad I have a front skid plate.

off road driving

Pretty fun trail! Decided to take the truck up for her maiden off road trip, and she did great. The trail itself is more advanced than I had anticipated. I've been up the Mount Antero trail many times in other trucks, rated as "Moderate" like this one. This trail is far more advanced than the Antero trail. Scraped the skid plates and running boards a couple of times on this one. Awesome trail with amazing views though! Going again tomorrow with the family!

2013 F-150 SuperCrew, completely stock with exception of 295/70/17 tires.

Great hike overall! But do not go on the part of the trail marked 247D. This part of the trail is completely overgrown and very hard to find a path past all the fallen trees and tall grass. Everything else was a great challenge with a few beautiful vantage points (although not at the highest point in elevation, as you’d expect).

off road driving

It is my favorite of the few trails I've gone through. The area is beautiful and the trail is the perfect difficulty.

I did find the steep hill at the southwest edge and nearly tipped over. I don't suggest trying that hill unless you have a buggy or just bat crap crazy.

I didn't find 247D, which I think may be blocked for motorized vehicles. Also the road is gated at the entrance of Panoramic Peak.

off road driving

It was a bit more rugged than I had anticipated, but my bone stock JK made it through with flying carpets. Choosing the right line is integral, would definitely run this one again!

Fun but wish it had more ridge driving for better views.

Beautiful views and super easy trail Signs need a little attention to help

off road driving

Nice trail, did this in 15 f150 supercrew with level and 33s. Tire placement is important to avoid scraping underneath. Slow and steady. Trail is plenty wide as we saw a hummvee with a tour. Mild rock climbing possible for most stock body on frame 4x4s.

Hiked this with my dog today. Attempted to do the 122A loop counterclockwise but missed the turnoff so we did a counterclockwise loop instead. Road was dusty and shaded in parts. The 247D trail seems to be completely overgrown, we had fun crossing the meadows and luckily still had cell service to be able to roughly follow where the AllTrails map said it would be. Once we found 122A there were great views onto RMNP. Not too much off-roading traffic either.

off road driving

This was my first trail ever. I ran it in my stock 15 Rubicon and it was really fun. Will definitely be going back here again. Perfect for a beginner or experienced enthusiast.

Trailhead is up Pole Hill Rd from GPS marker. Small unpaved parking lot before (seasonally) closed gated; stay to the sides and beware of your car’s underbelly. Our hike commenced around 9am and we only saw two other dogs and their people near the trailhead. The map incorrectly lists the hiking trails’ numbers. We never found 247/A and we had to use Apple Map’s satellite imaging to follow AllTrail’s loops. Great trail for humans and dogs alike. Good vistas, very natural, and fun challenges throughout.

Nice trail, lots of wildlife. Good trail year round for a nice, easy hike. Plenty of great spots for camping, moderate looking trail for 4x4 (steep and rocky in some parts). Will be returning with the jeep come summertime.

off road driving

Trail gate closed. Sign at trailhead said trail would close to vehicles Dec 1 but did not say when it would reopen. Looked like fun. Will return in the summer to try it.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Amazing views of Estes Park!

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Cool road. Lots of places to explore. Map on all trails is not 100% accurate.

Friday, September 15, 2017

Hike/run...No markings that tell the actual trail...just look for Pole Hill Rd and start going where the off road trail is. Nice trail...would do it again :)

Monday, September 04, 2017

might be fun for beginners in stock jeep..be aware of Estes park tours flying thru at 60 mph.. scenery and camping good.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Took the inner loop today. Stock 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. Couple trickier sections in the first few hundred yards, they can all be avoided if you don't feel comfortable. My jeep handled them fine with proper tire placement.

After the initial 300 or so yards it's gets easier, with a few technical sections here and there, again with paths around them if you want.

The kids loved the ride, and the views were fantastic.

Monday, August 21, 2017

My buddy and I ran this trail together as my first off-road trail. I was in a completely stock 2017 Wrangler Rubicon and he was in a lifted 2012 Wrangler on 35s(I think) and neither of us had any trouble. It was a great trail for learning things like tire placement and line selection and generally building some confidence and getting used to my rig. I highly recommend it for those new to offroading. Probably the most technical portion is the first 200 yards or so as others have said and it's so wide that you can choose to take some more difficult lines or just skip them entirely.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Very fun moderately challenging road. If you have kids and a rig with 35's they will love it. I'm sure stock trucks/SUV's could do it but was very fun with our set up for our kids.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Pretty easy trail for being "moderate" however still was a ton of fun

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Was a good trail but had so many loops it is easy for a beginner to get lost. There were moderate traffic but easy to pull off to let others through.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Decent trail...most technical part is probably the first 200 yards of the trail. My Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk had no issues with this trail. Several short side trails to take. Road 247 about mid way was a nice technical climb that offer a nice challenge for my skills. Some decent views and lots of old aspens (would be a good fall trail). Keep an eye out for hikers and mountain bikers.

Friday, July 03, 2015

We've gone off-roading here a few times and it's a favorite for a quick, close to town run. It's not super challenging but just enough to keep it interesting, and has great views. Can be a little crowded and congested at the entrance on weekends.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Awesome place to four wheel and camp

Friday, June 08, 2012

Great place to take dogs off the leash, as there's generally some water available for them except very late in the season or if it's dry. Have to contend with atvs, jeeps and dirt bikes in summer and fall until the forest service closes the gate. Watch out for idiots shooting guns, as well.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Cool road with a variety of trails to take.