Pole Hill

Pole Hill is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

There is a gate at the trailhead that seasonally closes the trail to vehicular traffic.

Beautiful views and super easy trail Signs need a little attention to help

off road driving

Nice trail, did this in 15 f150 supercrew with level and 33s. Tire placement is important to avoid scraping underneath. Slow and steady. Trail is plenty wide as we saw a hummvee with a tour. Mild rock climbing possible for most stock body on frame 4x4s.

Hikes this with my dog today. Attempted to do the 122A loop counterclockwise but missed the turnoff so we did a counterclockwise loop instead. Road was dusty and shaded in parts. The 247D trail seems to be completely overgrown, we had fun crossing the meadows and luckily still had cell service to be able to roughly follow where the AllTrails map said it would be. Once we found 122A there were great views onto RMNP. Not too much off-roading traffic either.

off road driving

This was my first trail ever. I ran it in my stock 15 Rubicon and it was really fun. Will definitely be going back here again. Perfect for a beginner or experienced enthusiast.

Trailhead is up Pole Hill Rd from GPS marker. Small unpaved parking lot before (seasonally) closed gated; stay to the sides and beware of your car’s underbelly. Our hike commenced around 9am and we only saw two other dogs and their people near the trailhead. The map incorrectly lists the hiking trails’ numbers. We never found 247/A and we had to use Apple Map’s satellite imaging to follow AllTrail’s loops. Great trail for humans and dogs alike. Good vistas, very natural, and fun challenges throughout.

Nice trail, lots of wildlife. Good trail year round for a nice, easy hike. Plenty of great spots for camping, moderate looking trail for 4x4 (steep and rocky in some parts). Will be returning with the jeep come summertime.

off road driving

Trail gate closed. Sign at trailhead said trail would close to vehicles Dec 1 but did not say when it would reopen. Looked like fun. Will return in the summer to try it.

off road driving

Amazing views of Estes Park!

off road driving

Cool road. Lots of places to explore. Map on all trails is not 100% accurate.

Hike/run...No markings that tell the actual trail...just look for Pole Hill Rd and start going where the off road trail is. Nice trail...would do it again :)

might be fun for beginners in stock jeep..be aware of Estes park tours flying thru at 60 mph.. scenery and camping good.

off road driving

Took the inner loop today. Stock 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. Couple trickier sections in the first few hundred yards, they can all be avoided if you don't feel comfortable. My jeep handled them fine with proper tire placement.

After the initial 300 or so yards it's gets easier, with a few technical sections here and there, again with paths around them if you want.

The kids loved the ride, and the views were fantastic.

off road driving

My buddy and I ran this trail together as my first off-road trail. I was in a completely stock 2017 Wrangler Rubicon and he was in a lifted 2012 Wrangler on 35s(I think) and neither of us had any trouble. It was a great trail for learning things like tire placement and line selection and generally building some confidence and getting used to my rig. I highly recommend it for those new to offroading. Probably the most technical portion is the first 200 yards or so as others have said and it's so wide that you can choose to take some more difficult lines or just skip them entirely.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Very fun moderately challenging road. If you have kids and a rig with 35's they will love it. I'm sure stock trucks/SUV's could do it but was very fun with our set up for our kids.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Pretty easy trail for being "moderate" however still was a ton of fun

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Was a good trail but had so many loops it is easy for a beginner to get lost. There were moderate traffic but easy to pull off to let others through.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Decent trail...most technical part is probably the first 200 yards of the trail. My Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk had no issues with this trail. Several short side trails to take. Road 247 about mid way was a nice technical climb that offer a nice challenge for my skills. Some decent views and lots of old aspens (would be a good fall trail). Keep an eye out for hikers and mountain bikers.

Friday, July 03, 2015

We've gone off-roading here a few times and it's a favorite for a quick, close to town run. It's not super challenging but just enough to keep it interesting, and has great views. Can be a little crowded and congested at the entrance on weekends.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Awesome place to four wheel and camp

Friday, June 08, 2012

Great place to take dogs off the leash, as there's generally some water available for them except very late in the season or if it's dry. Have to contend with atvs, jeeps and dirt bikes in summer and fall until the forest service closes the gate. Watch out for idiots shooting guns, as well.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Cool road with a variety of trails to take.