Pole Hill

Pole Hill is a 8.4 mile loop trail located near Estes Park, Colorado. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

My buddy and I ran this trail together as my first off-road trail. I was in a completely stock 2017 Wrangler Rubicon and he was in a lifted 2012 Wrangler on 35s(I think) and neither of us had any trouble. It was a great trail for learning things like tire placement and line selection and generally building some confidence and getting used to my rig. I highly recommend it for those new to offroading. Probably the most technical portion is the first 200 yards or so as others have said and it's so wide that you can choose to take some more difficult lines or just skip them entirely.

off road driving

Very fun moderately challenging road. If you have kids and a rig with 35's they will love it. I'm sure stock trucks/SUV's could do it but was very fun with our set up for our kids.

off road driving

Pretty easy trail for being "moderate" however still was a ton of fun

off road driving

Was a good trail but had so many loops it is easy for a beginner to get lost. There were moderate traffic but easy to pull off to let others through.

off road driving

Decent trail...most technical part is probably the first 200 yards of the trail. My Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk had no issues with this trail. Several short side trails to take. Road 247 about mid way was a nice technical climb that offer a nice challenge for my skills. Some decent views and lots of old aspens (would be a good fall trail). Keep an eye out for hikers and mountain bikers.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Friday, July 03, 2015

We've gone off-roading here a few times and it's a favorite for a quick, close to town run. It's not super challenging but just enough to keep it interesting, and has great views. Can be a little crowded and congested at the entrance on weekends.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Awesome place to four wheel and camp

Friday, June 08, 2012

Great place to take dogs off the leash, as there's generally some water available for them except very late in the season or if it's dry. Have to contend with atvs, jeeps and dirt bikes in summer and fall until the forest service closes the gate. Watch out for idiots shooting guns, as well.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Cool road with a variety of trails to take.