Pole Hill

Pole Hill is a 8.4 mile loop trail located near Estes Park, Colorado. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Amazing views of Estes Park!

off road driving

Cool road. Lots of places to explore. Map on all trails is not 100% accurate.

Hike/run...No markings that tell the actual trail...just look for Pole Hill Rd and start going where the off road trail is. Nice trail...would do it again :)

might be fun for beginners in stock jeep..be aware of Estes park tours flying thru at 60 mph.. scenery and camping good.

off road driving

Took the inner loop today. Stock 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. Couple trickier sections in the first few hundred yards, they can all be avoided if you don't feel comfortable. My jeep handled them fine with proper tire placement.

After the initial 300 or so yards it's gets easier, with a few technical sections here and there, again with paths around them if you want.

The kids loved the ride, and the views were fantastic.

off road driving

My buddy and I ran this trail together as my first off-road trail. I was in a completely stock 2017 Wrangler Rubicon and he was in a lifted 2012 Wrangler on 35s(I think) and neither of us had any trouble. It was a great trail for learning things like tire placement and line selection and generally building some confidence and getting used to my rig. I highly recommend it for those new to offroading. Probably the most technical portion is the first 200 yards or so as others have said and it's so wide that you can choose to take some more difficult lines or just skip them entirely.

off road driving

Very fun moderately challenging road. If you have kids and a rig with 35's they will love it. I'm sure stock trucks/SUV's could do it but was very fun with our set up for our kids.

off road driving

Pretty easy trail for being "moderate" however still was a ton of fun

off road driving

Was a good trail but had so many loops it is easy for a beginner to get lost. There were moderate traffic but easy to pull off to let others through.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Friday, September 02, 2016

Decent trail...most technical part is probably the first 200 yards of the trail. My Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk had no issues with this trail. Several short side trails to take. Road 247 about mid way was a nice technical climb that offer a nice challenge for my skills. Some decent views and lots of old aspens (would be a good fall trail). Keep an eye out for hikers and mountain bikers.

Sunday, July 17, 2016