Point Lookout Trail

Point Lookout Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Directions from Morefield Campground: Point Lookout Trailhead is in the northern corner of Morefield Campground.

This was or favorite hike at Mesa Verde. Beautiful views. Took our kids (4&6) and they did great. The views going down were my favorite but the top is cool too. We went in April and had the entire mountain to ourselves.

Great trail. Had the place to ourselves. Nice rocky trail with plenty of switchbacks. The views at the top are spectacular.

Loved this trail so much a did it once in the evening and then the next morning for sunrise. Both times I had the trail all to myself which was nice.

Absolutely amazing place to watch the sun set, don't miss it

Located near the entrance of the "Amphitheater Parking", this hike is mostly switchbacks. Going up is killer, but going back down is a breeze. Great view of the Mancos valley, lightly trafficked, and a lot of lizard activity on a hot day. Should take around 2 hours to complete.

Pretty cool little trail and not very popular. Sweet views

Dope views, hardest part is the switchbacks

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Relatively easy climb, albeit steady. Short switch backs make for an quick ascent. We started at 6 am and there was only one family at the top when we got there. It was very peaceful. The view is amazing.

Friday, June 23, 2017

awesome view

Saturday, May 27, 2017

amazing views at the end of the trail. My favorite trail at Mesa Verde. was up there for over an hour and didn't see a single other hiker. Can see for 50 plus miles all around.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

If you camp at Morefeild CG it is a must do.
Great views from a High point !!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Great views. USGS Benchmark.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Great views and a USGS Benchmark.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Endless views and a feel that you are on top of the world! A favorite hike for the reason stated. The hike was completed in approximately an hour, we spent about 10 minutes taking in the view. The first half is a steeper climbs with switchbacks. The trail is well marked. It could be a challenge if you are out of shape. However in the hiking world it is an easy hike ( not a walk).

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Great view, nice hike

Saturday, November 08, 2014

This is one of my favorite trails ever. Camped here with my parents and brother when I was a kid. Came back and camped with my wife of 34 years and hiked this trail. Great memories of this beautiful place in God's creation!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Great hike and beautiful view.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Moderately strenuous switchbacks left me wondering if we'd ever get to the top, but when we finally did, we got a great view of the sunrise. Faces northeast, toward the snowcaps. From the visitor center, this is a prominent and interesting landmark... Standing on top of it is even better.

Sunday, August 13, 2017