Plymouth Mountain Trail

Plymouth Mountain Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedalia, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,459 feet Route Type: Loop

Perfect moderate hike. rocky and mostly shady, a lot of mountain bikers.

My novice butt had some difficulty at times but completed it and felt great after!

Trail was nicer that I imagined. So happy I found this only ten min from my house!

Great hike! Definitely has some good inclines which make for a nice workout. The view at the top is awesome! You can see all of Denver; downtown, DTC, Chatfield. Highly recommend it.

great hike here as usual. not many people out

Went before the fire. Start early, especially this time of year. The Sun gets annoying when you arent in the woods.

Trail closed due to what I think is a fire. 8/17/19

Ricky af. make sure you have plenty of grip on your shoes and loads of water. be ready for nice grueling uphill on a rock garden.

Lovely peak to see views of Denver! Harder trail but I brought a beginner and he did just fine. Nice elevation changed plus on a Monday morning it was quiet, only a few others on the trail. Highly recommend.

Hiked Saturday morning at 7:45 am. The first portion of the trail feels as if you’re hiking in peoples’ backyards. Once you get back and up into the little canyon it is much better. Wander around the top of the scenic view part of the trail to really see the views of looking west towards the mountains or looking north towards downtown Denver.

Arrived around 6pm and was able to get up and back before it was completely dark. Sad that most of water has dried up. Great shade, and easy trail to follow. Watch out for bikers!!

lots of shade on the steep side. great views

Got there 8 am the Saturday after July 4th and it miraculously wasn’t crowded at all - you could probably be first on the mountain if you arrived a little earlier than that. We took a route via the Meadowlark Trail to Plymouth Mountain, which have us a total of 7.5 miles. Definitely an impressive overlook if you’ve got friends in town. Agree with the knees comment - my knees are ok but were feeling it on the way down.

Started at 11am on a 90 degree day. Not the best idea, as the first part of the trail is steep with not much shade. A pleasant hike once we got to the shade along the creek. Great views from the top.

M 6/24/19 Got to the trailhead around 8 AM and there were a few other hikers but definitely not overly busy. I completed the loop counter clockwise and the climb was challenging, but I’m glad I did it first. A little rocky at times, but an easy trail to follow. Beautiful scenery as well, would definitely recommend!

Great trail - tiny bit of mud after the rain yesterday, but mostly dry. Great views of red rocks and a few different ridges. We took the meadowlark trail on the way down which added about .5 miles, but we still ended up logging about 7 miles, so I think the AllTrails estimate is a tiny bit off. Not too much traffic on the trail- some people and a few bikes. Lots of parking and nice bathrooms at the trailhead.

Awesome trail. Tons of rocky technical both uphill and down. Initial climb killed me, I’m a black descender but only a blue climber. Had to hike my bike much of the way. Plus had to pace myself even with the hiking, thought I was in decent shape until this ride. All the climbing is well worth the downhill though. Red Mesa Loop was fun and flowy -clockwise is best. The other Loop-Plymouth seems best counter clockwise. Beautiful trails, Gorgeous views.

Hiked today, and loved it! First 2.5/3 miles are a good uphill workout. If you have bad knees, I wouldn’t suggest this hike because of how much downhill there is after the loop. Beautiful day with some light cloud cover.

Me and my girlfriend hiked this trail today and really enjoyed it!! It was a hot day but there was plenty of shade along the trail to cool off. The view from the top is beautiful as you get a view of the mountains as well as Denver. Decent challenge but nothing too hard. Would recommend!

Watch out for bikers

Loved this hike! It was around 78 degrees and sunny so it got pretty hot. It went mostly along a beautiful little creek and through some woods, but it’s pretty exposed. Especially the first half. Bring sunscreen!

Really enjoyed this one! We did half of the mountain trail and then connected to the homestead - beautiful!

Popular trail system. Steep uphill but a good workout. Lots of hikers, Mtn bikers & dogs.