Plymouth Mountain Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(486)
Deer Creek Canyon Park

Plymouth Mountain Trail is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sedalia, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,459 feet Route Type: Loop

Please note: users have reported this trail is closed. Please research prior to your visit: https://www.jeffco.us/1208/Deer-Creek-Canyon-Park

I hiked this mountain on 6/1. Highly recommend it. Everything about it was amazing. It is a bit challenging for the first couple miles, but 75% is under the cover of trees. I started at 7:45 am and was the only one at the summit for over an hour. Enjoy!!

Great hike! Gained a bunch of elevation in the beginning of the hike. Pretty lookout point at the top. Hiked on 5/31 and it was beautiful. Decent amount of people on the trail. I would hike again

This hike isn't exactly easy, but the scenic view is worth it.

This is an excellent hike!! I recommend taking the loop clockwise. The views start quicker that way. Miles and miles!! It was kind of hazy today...but I'll be back!!!

Hiked on 5/25. Lots of people due to the holiday. Had our pup with us and saw a lot of dogs. The first section is unshaded, but when you get to the part where it meets up with Meadowlark Trail, most people seemed to take that trail and not continue up the mountain. So after that, it was quiet, hiking in the trees, and therefore shaded very peaceful. We met less people during that section for sure. Beautiful views. And as people have mentioned, pretty popular with bikers.

Hiked this on 5/13. Watch for snakes and bears. There was a bear sighting by multiple hikers while I was there, but I did not see it. I did see a deer. Lots of bikers, all friendly. Overall hardly anyone with masks. Gorgeous views at the top.

Hiked today 5/17. Lots of people and very little shade the first mile or two but after that it was quieter and easy to find shade. It's also popular with mountain bikers. Great views of Denver and Chatfield Resorvoir!

Great hike!

Did this trail yesterday and it was good! Not too difficult besides the initial incline which is a little rocky and steep. We also had a few run ins with some bikers, so just be aware when they are coming up behind you. Nice views of Denver and the area around!

Beautiful views! Loved this hike!

Did today (on a Sunday)- pretty views throughout! Definitely lots of people in passing, got more crowded as the day went on. Dry the whole way.

Best landscape view of greater Denver area that I’ve come across at top of Plymouth Mt

Hiked around 4:30pm and finished before sunset, not too many people on the trail but there were a few bikers. Trail was dry

Crowded with lots of bikes but beautiful views !

Wonderful hike with a great mix of up and downhill, covered and uncovered. High traffic but still enough distance between most people to not notice too much.

I hiked this on 1 May. The wildlife I saw were some deer and a non-rattlesnake on the trail. I got there pretty early before there were some people out there. There were some bikers on the trail. Some shade and some sunny areas. Overall a great hike and awesome views at the overlook. It was really cool seeing Denver and it looking like you could reach out and just poke it.

icy

Great trail! Icy and muddy in parts but very doable with good boots

Great trail nice view at the top. Pretty rocky in places still, Icy in areas as of now. Everyone is respectful of 6 foot distance

icy

Solid 7.5 mile hike taking 4 hours and 45 minutes. Since there were two dogs with us (me not included), we always pulled off to the side to maintain social distancing

icy

not much ice, snow and mud... but some. not many people ot today