Pipeline Trail

Pipeline Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cherry Creek, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from February until November.

Closest parking lot is Shop Creek Trail Parking lot. Dogs, horses and bikes are not allowed on this trail.

beautiful trail leading to wetlands trail

Great, easy, winding path through a variety of landscapes. Lots of different trails/loops with plenty of signs and maps along the way.

I walk this trail (and include the wetlands loop) at least once a month, year round. Each season is beautiful in its own way and I love seeing the variety of animals and birds that come with each visit. I've snowshoed here in a foot of fresh powder! It's in the city, but feels far away. To add on to someone's previous post, I believe that no dogs are allowed to protect the wetlands and I have seen a coyote here (and heard many others).

This is an easy walk through the woods and wetlands in Cherry Creek State Park. We went in the winter so no green or colors on the trees but the naked trees have their own defined beauty. Unfortunately this trail is off limits to dogs, bikes, and horses, probably to protect the wetlands (?). In any case we still took our dog bc we had already parked and started walking and no one seemed to care. It was clear others ignored the signs as well due to the number of droppings we saw (pick up after your dog people!). In any case, it was a nice short walk and probably nicer in Spring-Fall but since dogs aren't allowed we probably won't be back.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

This is the main trail in a creek filled area with small cute trails, like the half a mile loop. This trail comes out of the cherry creek trail, which is a biking, hiking, running trail that is paved and continues for several miles in both directions, one of the directions entering the reservoir loop trail taking you to lake views.

I enjoyed my cold day there, I hiked 6.5 miles from Piney Creek trail, and exploded up to this trail which as a sweet surprise.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017