Pine Valley Ranch Park: Pine Valley Ranch Loop Trail

Pine Valley Ranch Park: Pine Valley Ranch Loop Trail is a 3 mile loop trail located near Pine, Colorado and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail with awesome views at the top. The trail connects to other trails in the Pike National Forest as well. Looking forward to going back!

Nice morning hike and pretty easy. Lots of fallen and dead trees, thoughThe lake and river are beautiful and there are great views once you get to the top. Wildflowers, bees, a woodpecker, and other wildlife made this hike great!

Great incredible views of Pine Grove, CO and the entire buffalo creek area.

Love this place! Connected to a few off the map trails to make for a longer hike. Beautiful scenery the whole hike. Not crowded on a Monday morning.

This is a very scenic trail. Best to go counter clockwise to avoid climbing a bunch of stairs. Anyone who likes taking pictures will love this trail.

It’s a nice trail and there weren’t too many people when we went (March 15th around lunch). The lake itself was the prettiest view that we saw and there isn’t really a hike to the lake (it’s right next to the parking lot). We did hike about 3 miles and it’s pretty, but I hate to even call it “hiking” compared to other hikes in Colorado. It’s just a nice outdoor walk for an hour or two.

Pretty easy hike! Beautiful walk around the lake and the trail takes you up the mountain.

great so beautiful I definnently recommend it

Beautiful location for trail running and hiking. I took my two dogs and they loved it. Watch out for bikers. Some of the trails are narrow and not enough room to easily pass. The trail head has restrooms which is always a bonus. Happy trails! Definitely did not disappoint!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

I highly recommend this trail to anyone who's looking for a moderate day hike. The trail is fairly easy to navigate, and you will find yourself stopping quite a bit along the way to snap photos of the beautiful scenic mountain views. We hiked the entire trail in about 2 hours, and we stopped for lunch along the way, so it would make a great morning hike if you have other things to do that day. It was also very lightly traveled by other hikers, so we mostly had the entire trail to ourselves (on a Sunday, too!). Overall, I rate this trail a 4/5.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Suggest hike up after walking part of lake because going other direction is killer stairs! Good workout not much shade though.

Monday, June 12, 2017

We took our 3 dogs and hiked this last weekend. I was hoping for more seclusion, as the lake trail was very busy, and most of the other trails we walked on felt very exposed. It was also free fishing weekend, so that probably had something to do with the high-people factor. We did find a trail that led to national forest, which was much more secluded, and if I go back, that will be the trail I take.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great

Monday, May 30, 2016

Slow and gradual west half and steep with amazing views east half.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Great for kids. The lake and Platte River make the area even more spectacular!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Remains of the Hayman Fire can be seen on these trails.

FUN FACT: June 8, 2002 - Forest Service worker Terry Lynn Barton admitted to accidentally starting the blaze when, in a moment of emotional distress, she lit a letter from her estranged husband in a remote campfire ring near Lake George.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Beautiful and simple

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Great little trail! Easy and flat.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I used this trail to connect to Strawberry Jack, Skipper and Buck Gulch. The first part of the trail is hikers only. The day I hiked I encountered a few bikers. The weather was cool and the mountains were snow covered and beautiful against the deep blue sky. Buck Gulch was very steep with lots of loose rocks.
I intend to explore more of the Pine Valley area.

Friday, August 03, 2012

Borders remnants of the Hayman Fire, so you get some perspective of the destruction a fire can cause and how long it's going to take for the forest to regenerate itself. Nice lake to walk around - add the loop to your more rigorous hike as a cooldown. Also, the South Platter River is part of the park, so you can start your hike walking along the Platte and finish it off walking around the lake.

recorded Pine Valley Ranch