Pine Valley Ranch Park: Pine Valley Ranch Loop Trail

Pine Valley Ranch Park: Pine Valley Ranch Loop Trail is a 3 mile loop trail located near Pine, Colorado and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

I highly recommend this trail to anyone who's looking for a moderate day hike. The trail is fairly easy to navigate, and you will find yourself stopping quite a bit along the way to snap photos of the beautiful scenic mountain views. We hiked the entire trail in about 2 hours, and we stopped for lunch along the way, so it would make a great morning hike if you have other things to do that day. It was also very lightly traveled by other hikers, so we mostly had the entire trail to ourselves (on a Sunday, too!). Overall, I rate this trail a 4/5.

Suggest hike up after walking part of lake because going other direction is killer stairs! Good workout not much shade though.

We took our 3 dogs and hiked this last weekend. I was hoping for more seclusion, as the lake trail was very busy, and most of the other trails we walked on felt very exposed. It was also free fishing weekend, so that probably had something to do with the high-people factor. We did find a trail that led to national forest, which was much more secluded, and if I go back, that will be the trail I take.

Sunday, July 24, 2016