Pikes Peak From Elk Park Trailhead

Pikes Peak From Elk Park Trailhead is a 9.9 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Cripple Creek, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

Distance: 9.9 miles Elevation Gain: 4,038 feet Route Type: Point to Point

On my bucket list hardest hike I’ve do e but worth it. Had a blast.

We hiked only a small portion of this trail, a little over 2 miles from the Elks Park trailhead. The trailhead is about a 1/4 mile past the Glen Cove parking area. You have to turn left off the road and drive through an entrance with metal gates on either side (it's VERY scary, it feels like you are driving off the edge of the mountain). There is parking down below, the trail is not marked but it's not hard to find. I didn't particularly like this trail, it's downhill for the first 5 miles and uphill on the way back obviously if you don't hike farther than 5 miles. Some of the trail was on a narrow path along the side of the mountain and the rest was through the woods with no view. It was a bit boring and I would have rather hiked up towards the summit than down into the woods. Next time I would park at mile 16 and hike on the trail above tree line to the summit.

Sat Jun 23 2018

What a workout! We were lucky with the weather and made the peak! Quite a few hikers as expected.

Sat Oct 06 2018