Petrified Forest Loop and Ponderosa Loop Trails

Petrified Forest Loop and Ponderosa Loop Trails is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Florissant, Colorado that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

Directions from Florissant: Traveling west on Highway 24, you'll come to a junction with State Road 1 in Florissant. Turn left on to 1 and travel 2.5 miles to the road that leads to the Florissant National Monument Visitors Center.

Great for families with little kids.

very interesting place.

I walked this one with my then 9 year old daughter. It was a very easy stroll and the petrified trees were interesting. Not really a challenge, but it did make for a nice daddy/daughter afternoon.

super easy trail but beautiful with the petrified redwood trees! love this place!

You're telling me I can't take my dog for a walk in the woods? I won't be visiting this trail.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great 1 mile hike with my family. Easy and flat, and beautiful too!

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Friday, June 24, 2016

Simple hike around a gravel walkway. Pleasant views but expected more in petrified wood.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I walked the trail in mid-October 2015. It was in great shape, and an easy walk. the views combined with the natural history explanations were great.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Cool easy hike - very family friendly if you have little kids. There were lots of great Rangers there answering our kids questions and giving additional information which make the hike (walk) that much more enjoyable.