Penrose Trail

Penrose Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Colorado Springs: From Colorado Springs, take 26th Street to Gold Camp Road. Approximately 2 miles up Gold Camp Road is the trailhead.

My husband and I hiked this on a Friday afternoon in March. At this time there weren't many people at all, and just a few dirt bikes. Hiking counterclockwise, the uphill part is first. The trail is wide and very smooth. We especially enjoyed going through the two tunnels towards the end. When more people are active, I think the dirt bikes would be a nightmare. But it was a great hike for us!

Monday, November 21, 2016

a little sketchy at the end for beginners..just fyi I dell the first run but have enjoyed it ever since. Be safe wear a helmet!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Great Trail. Too bad the bikes have taken it over. Came close to being hit multiple times. Otherwise great views!

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

If this trail takes you by Josephine Falls, then I've hiked it a number of times. It's a beautiful woodsy hike, and up on Mount Buckhorn there are lots of large boulders on and around the trail. I've never seen it called Penrose on any map or sign, so I could be wrong, but the Topo Map seems to align perfectly with the trail I remember.

Monday, July 03, 2017