Peaks Trail is a 15.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a classic out and back trail that you can start from either Frisco or Breckenridge. This trail description starts at the trailhead near Main St. in Frisco.

Hiked Breck to Frisco in about 4-1/2 hrs. Easy to follow trail that was pretty well packed. Didn’t need snow shoes. Not a hard hike.

Breck trailhead just past peak 7 base. Easy hike with little elevation through beautiful forests

A very beautiful trail not too steep but pretty long. I turned around because I thought I was hiking Mount Royal.

Don’t be put off by the start of the trailhead at Peak 7 saying 10.0miles. We assumed that included the first 2.0 miles from central Breckenridge-not Peak 7. In fact most of the mileage boards were confusing. Some referenced 10.0miles and some referenced the more accurate 8.0miles (almost 9 Miles to Frisco Main Street)
Mostly wooded walk with very little up and down until you reach about 1.5 Miles from Frisco when it is a gently downhill to the Rainbow Lake.
Good walk at 10,000’ with only a few views but the whole walk was beautiful. Worth doing at any time of year.

Hiked Breckenridge to Frisco today - beautiful sunny day, started out 9:30 a.m. or so. Staying in Frisco so took the bus to Breckenridge, and the gondola up. Had trouble staying on trail at first - ended up on a road twice. Lots of large groups at first near Peak 7 lodges. Very forested for the first couple miles. Then came the mountain bikers, lots of them. All were super courteous but after a while I started to worry about corners and blind spots. I used poles for some of the time but I didn't see many other hikers with them. Sun became brutal for the last couple miles. All in all, I took my time and enjoyed myself. As a hiker I felt outnumbered by bikers.

Question for those who have done Peaks Trail from Frisco to Breckenridge: Parking in Frisco? We will be driving into Frisco and want to park and hike to Breckenridge and then take the shuttle back. Looking for a safe place to leave the car overnight that is close enough to get on the trail. We intend to hike halfway in on a Friday, camp overnight, and then finish to Breckenridge in the morning. Anyone done this before? thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hiked Frisco to Breckinridge. 8.3 miles one way, took the gondola down to town for food. Beautiful trail, very well marked and maintained. All creeks were running so the sound and sights were just perfect. No snow but a few muddy spots.

Not sure why it’s rated as Hard — perhaps the round trip. One way I’d “downgrade” it to a Moderate.

Beautiful well marked trail mostly along the stream. Entered White River National Forest about 2 miles in.

Solid 8 mile hike we did breck to Frisco. Enjoyed some downhill. This is a great hike when there is still snowmelt on some other good trails in the area. No snow melt or issues well maintained.

Just hiked from Frisco to Breck...solid 8 mile hike to get in some conditioning before summer backpacking. We were moving comfortably and it took us about 3 and 1/2 hours. Not many views or epic vistas as it’s pretty forested the entire time. When we got to the trailhead in Breck, we were still actually 2.5 miles from mainstreet, but we discovered there is a free shuttle that runs from that resort right there to take you down into town. We also discovered that if you need a beer afterwards, you can call Broken Compass brewery shuttle and they will pick you up for free and take you to their brewery. Overall, would recommend this trail for conditioning, but I’m sure there are others in the area that would be better for photos...still had a great time!

We caught the trailhead in Breckenridge and hiked in about 3.8 miles before turning around. Round trip (7.6 miles) took us 3 hours. It was not difficult and there weren’t many people which was fantastic. Most of the snow was melted - but there were a few patches here and there. Loved how the stream crossed the trail in numerous places. Only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because there weren’t a lot views - it was mostly forest. But still gorgeous!

Ran part of this trail out and back. Rocky/beautiful/steep in places....as a flat lander it was a push to get the run in...lots of huffin and puffin but very glad to have spent some time on the Peaks!

The trail started just outside of our resort in Breckenridge. Great trail in mid-Spring with some snow and great views. Hopped the free bus back to Breck and the hotel. Looking forward to the next trip!

If you take the Ten Mile Peak trail towards town (just past Rainbow Lake), it will cut off a little time.

Really fun, moderate trail. I went Frisco to Breck. It was a modest gain and definitely doable. As of today, the trail is 80% snow covered. The snow is packed pretty good through the center of the trail, so no snowshoes or yak tracks needed. I brought both with me and didn’t end up using them. You can definitely knock it out with a set of hiking sticks. You’re gonna post hole a couple dozen times, so expect your shoes to get wet. From TH to TH, just under 8 Miles. The snow is gonna slow you down a bit, so plan accordingly. Overall, it was a great hike!! Definitely will do again.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

This was a real challenge on my bike. Rugged terrain, rocks, boulders, tree roots etc.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

walked from the Breck side in for 1 hour. we made it just pass a large water tank. lots of varied scenery- Open for long view forest, to dense shadowed paths. it was beautiful!!

Monday, September 04, 2017

Walked trail yesterday with our dog and it was so nice! Streams were amazing and foliage is just starting to turn.

Monday, August 07, 2017

One of the best trails I ever hiked!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

great hike, fun loop. passes through peak 2 burn area.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Amazing views. One minute you are among 200 foot trees and in a tunnel, then it opens to a beautiful wide open view of the mountains near the ranch. Lots of water along the way for your dog.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

FYI...THIS TRAIL IS CLOSED DUE TO THE PEAK 2 FIRE IN BRECK

Thursday, June 22, 2017

First time really mountain biking (been casually riding most of my life). Ill NEVER forget this ride. So awesome.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Breckenridge to Frisco is the easier downhill direction, I think most people take that way and catch a bus ride back to town. We went from Frisco to Breckenridge and back. Took most of the day. Intense climbing in spots. An older man hiking kept up with us most of the way. We rode down to town and ate lunch and had to ride back up to the trail head. We're from Kansas so it was hard. Rained the whole way back.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

great

Monday, July 11, 2016

Ran from Frisco to Breck. Very hard first 4 or 5 miles. But very beautiful trail and well maintained.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Fantastic! Beautiful day, lots of elements - creeks, rocks, flowers, views, and even a Moose! As far as we can tell it's actually a 10 mile hike!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

We walked the entire trail from Breck to Frisco with my 9 year old. Really nice walk, mostly downhill going in this direction. Took lots of breaks and walked pretty slow. It took us 5 hours from point to point. There is no snow on this trail

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

My 9 year old and I hiked about 3 miles into the trail and had a fantastic time. So beautiful! Met friendly people along the way, some walking dogs, some on bikes. Varying terrain kept the walk really interesting.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Only did 2.4 miles of the trail we went with my cousin and his kids and the kids lost interest fast but what we did was really great!!!! Will defiantly do it again!!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Hiked this trail from Breckenridge to Frisco yesterday and enjoyed it but got conflicting and inaccurate info about trailheads so wasted a little time searching. In Breckenridge, exit gondola at peak 7, go around to front of hotels, turn left and follow Ski Hill Rd north, trailhead is on left past Grand Lodge. From behind hotels access is not marked and difficult to find if you are unfamiliar with area. In Frisco, turn right then left out of parking lot, main street is about 4 blocks ahead. Cross Main and turn right to catch bus back to Breck, stop is currently on Main between 6th and 7th avenues. Once on trail, it was well marked and pleasant although a little crowded with mountain bikers.