Learn more

Peak 10 via Country Road 751

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(19)
Breckenridge, Colorado

Peak 10 via Country Road 751 is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 2,007 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Trail is easy to follow. Last park near the summit requires going through a little snow at the moment but was pretty easy to get through.

great!

No overhyping this one. Absolutely incredible views the entire way but you have to pay to get em. Scrambling sections were solid, airy, and overall bomber. As others have said the crux is the length of time spent at altitude with sheer distance/elevation. That being said: if you are not comfortable with scrambling across an exposed knife edge or steep 3rd class in general, this isn't for you.

Great views, but only able to hike half mile past the gate due to heavy snow on trail. We also parked earlier due to very rocky and rutted road nearing the trail head even with our SUV. Will have to try again later in the summer.

Beautiful trail. Epic views. Easy to follow trail. Hard but not too hard. We are two 50 year old midwesterners and this was our first 13,000 + foot summit. It took us about 6 hours round trip. Got a bit cold and very windy.

This trail is great! We started at 5pm after a rainy afternoon, and only had to hike 30 mins before we were above the tree line, and had great views. If my kids weren't so complainy, and we had an early start, this whole hike would be awesome! Also, we drove carefully up the road in a Kia Sorrento rental car. The car did ok...we drove slowly.

ohv/off road driving
Sat Jul 06 2019

We made it about 2 miles into the peak 10 trail before my youngest decided to get sleepy. I regretfully turned around to head back to Breck before she fell asleep. I was in a full size 4x4 pickup with highway tires. Never had to use 4 wheel drive sadly. I’d rate it 5* if I could’ve seen the rest of the trail.

Tue Aug 07 2018

Awesome day jeep trip with the family

ohv/off road driving