Peak 10 Trail is a 13 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length13.0 miElevation gain3,818 ftRoute typeOut & back

Photos (138)
Recordings (65)
Completed (174)
Patrick Cullen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 21, 2020

Took my stock 98 4Runner 4x4 up almost the entire way on 10/19. The first half or so is very easy, well-maintained forest road. After you pass the restaurant (I forget the name of it) its gets a little more challenging. It's pretty basic, and absolutely doable in stock 4x4 vehicles, if you have any offroading experience and know how to pick your lines. It was maybe around 12k feet that the iced over compressed snow ended my drive. My skid plate was dragging along the snow in the middle of the tire tracks and I almost stalled out in first gear in 4Lo (weak 2.7L 4cylinder engine). If you have higher clearance and a stronger engine you'd still be able to make it all the way to the end. The short hike was pleasant, especially since nobody else was around. Great views at the top of Peak 10, including the Williams Fork Fire raging in the distance.

Stanton Mcmurrey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 20, 2020
Hiking

Coming from the Houston area it was a difficult trail.

View Stanton's Recording
Stanton Mcmurrey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 19, 2020
Hiking

Hiking along a service road at the bottom.

View Stanton's Recording
clark brackin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 19, 2020
View clark's Recording
chris marquez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 12, 2020
BackpackingGreat!IcyOff trailRockyScrambleSnow

WOW. Epic day to not check the weather. We got hit by the cold front around 12pm and above tree line it was like 80mph winds, wish I could upload videos.. Again, didnt follow the trails just followed the superchair lifts all the way up the ridge. Don't want to say exactly where :) check out the photos. Brutal vert the entire time from the chairlifts. Crazy fun time. Can't have fun when there isn't a little misery, right? :)

Sai Kalaga
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 26, 2020
Hiking

Nice views of the town, great fall colors but a looong hike. A good portion of the path was along the 4 wheel drive. Lot of dust from the vehicles. Unfortunately, did not summit due to late start.

View Sai's Recording
James Branan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 15, 2020
Hiking

Convenient trail to my condo but you hike on a dirt road for a lot of the trail. Great for exercise but not overwhelming beautiful. I managed to find a few mountain bike trails to hike on for part of the trip. I blasted down a few ski slopes on the way back down using my map to reconnect to the trail. There is a great view above tree line and that’s never bad

View James's Recording
Rachel Griffin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 12, 2020
Hiking

Great trail with amazing views! Some snow but nothing too bad. Well worth the hike!!

View Rachel's Recording
Christopher Dean
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 29, 2020
View Christopher's Recording
Sean Fennelly
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 16, 2020
Hiking

great trail. made it almost to the top but there is a little wash out and I didnt want to do go over it with my wife in the jeep. overall good experience and amazing views

View Sean's Recording
Rob Prosch
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 11, 2020
OHV/Off-road drivingRocky
View Rob's Recording
Curt Greeley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 1, 2020
OHV/Off-road drivingGreat!

Fun trail. Slightly more difficult than I expected based on reviews. Only technical in a few spots, but enough to make me stop and choose my line. The switchbacks at the top were not quite as tight as I expected them to be. I made many of them without having to 3 point turn. The views at the top are incredible. Still a ~100 foot stretch of snow at the very top (beyond the weather station where you park) that you have to hike to to reach the peak. It was a little slippery coming down, but nothing overly dangerous.

chris marquez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 27, 2020

Amazing hike. I couldn't describe the pain in my calves and groins and every muscle in my body, I wish I did the recording but I didn't do the recording I went straight up, my buddy and I followed falcon lift and that's all I'm saying :) it was such an amazing peak 10 summit during adverse conditions and torrential rain and wind, we were prepared and it was some glorious images. the way down we bush whacked through the valley leading to ten mile whatever restaraunt and we ended up in a sort of life threatening flash flood and we had to climb up from the valley which was a brutal climb and we got completely soaked with the rain, our rain jackets kept us dry but it was miserable coming down we did the switchbacks successfully with many falls and slips and some scary moments and we were chasing sundown. My buddy and I made it back in a total of 8 hrs to peak 10! wiwhc there was a way to share videos and photos. Not for that faint hearted. especially our route straight up in all we did 16.6 miles and we started in town which kinda sucked coming down

Trevor Edie
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 10, 2020
OHV/Off-road driving

2 tiny manageable snow spots today, very doable in a high clearance 4x4. Hike at top is short, tough, but worth it.

Hans Richardson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 6, 2020
Hiking

Long hike and challenging towards end. Snow towards top you have to walk through to get to peak.

Kyle Benning
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 30, 2020
Hiking

A little snow at the top but totally worth it all!!!

Andrew Tyree
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 13, 2019

Waist high snow for me and I’m 6’1 during the last two miles

View Andrew's Recording
William Hart
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 15, 2019
OHV/Off-road drivingRocky

Great trail! Love running it. Once you past the ski area boundary the trail becomes more fun. Stock suvs could have issues in spots due to rutting and rocks. The last stretch up and past the cabin to the weather station is perfect for Jeeps but any long wheelbase vehicle like a pickup could benefit from a spotter for the switchbacks. A tundra today was having major issues navigating it. Other than it is awesome and so pretty. The hike to the top from the weather station is a scramble through a scree field. There is a trail at times but not much. Views on top are wonderful!

Mike Leighton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 6, 2019
Running

It's a grind on service roads to get above the Mercury Superchair, but the views are worth it once you're above treeline, and the final push up to the top is incredibly scenic. If you're hiking, plan for a long day.

Jeremy Berggren
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 5, 2019
OHV/Off-road driving

jeeped to the top. fun ride, great views!

M V
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 23, 2019
Hiking

Anstrengend aber man wird belohnt mit fantastischen Ausblicken. Unser Tipp: warme Kleidung mitnehmen, wir sind leider 2 Meilen vor dem Peak (bei ca. 12.300 Fuß) umgekehrt wegen Mega Wind und Kälte.

Jason Whittaker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 6, 2019
Hiking

Mainly a walk on the dirt roads but the views are amazing. Saw a couple of deer too!

View Jason's Recording
Joel Leichnetz
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 20, 2019
Closed

Closed to 4x4’ers

Karen Schroeder-Tutko
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 17, 2018
OHV/Off-road driving

We did this in a stock Rubicon. This was a very easy dirt road on the lower portion, and got a bit more challenging on the upper third of the trail, with tight switchbacks. Longer vehicles will be challenged. The views were a amazing! We will be doing this again!

Kabir Mitter
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 30, 2018
OHV/Off-road driving

This was a great trail. Did this with probably about 8-10 rigs. Lower portion is easy and it's cool to be able to drive past some superchairs. Upper portion does get a bit harder and there are some narrow roads with narrow switchbacks. Definitely worth it to go to the top and you walk the last couple hundred feet to the summit. You have to do it