Peak 10 Trail

Peak 10 Trail is a 12.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

off road driving

Took the Jeep up Peak 10 yesterday. No snow on the trail all the way to the top. Gorgeous views from the top. Took about an hour to get to the top. Absolutely recommend.

off road driving

Only was able to do the easy part in early July as the trail was blocked for snow and ice. Great views of city and wildlife.

We originally set out to hike up Peak 8, but wound up doing this instead by mistake. Absolutely incredible. Granted, there's about 2.5miles of very steep uphill terrain before you reach any real scenery, but once you reach the Overlook Restaurant, the views are outstanding. We started at the back of Building #4 behind the Beaver Run Resort, hiked all the way up Peak 9, and ended up between peaks 9 and 10. Altogether we hiked about 10 miles. This is gorgeous and inspiring, but plan on a good six hours of hiking, depending on your starting point.

off road driving

this trail doesnt allow any motorised vehicles. get updated trail app!

Great spot. Not crowded at all as long as you leave early enough. I made the mistake of going up the ski slope instead of following (right) to the actual Peak ten trail (no official marker at trail point but easy to find). If you follow a GPS of this trail it will lead out up the high ski slope and appear as though you are on course. I got burned out pretty quick hiking up the ski slope but that's my own fault. I didn't complete this trail but from the distance I covered, it's lovely once I realized my mistake. Watch out for moose!

Great hike for a long endurance day. A lot of snow once you get mid way in heading towards Breck which made it a harder hike. Tons of streams.

Hiked this to drop a gear stash when attempting the 10 mile traverse. Great hike with awesome views. Easy trail and footing, challenging hike due to the altitude. Saw a moose which is always fun.

Had to bail on the Ten Mile Traverse the day before due to bad weather, so Iain and I decided to do this one as a day hike, mostly to get our gear drop that we had left the night before. Turned out to be a great little hike. At altitude so watch yourself. We also saw a moose. Sweet hike overall.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Didn't use the trail(service road) just hiked straight to the saddle between 9 and 10. Peak 9 had a perfect snow line up it's North face so I decided to climb it instead. Had ice ax and crampons with me so it seemed like the only logical decision.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Absolutely amazing views of Lake Dillon and Breckenridge. I completed the trail all the way to the rundown tower at the top with only minor scrapes on my skid plate. The switchbacks to the very top are a little frightening but well worth it for the view. I completed it in my TRD Pro 4Runner. I recommend high clearance and 4x4 for sure.

Friday, August 30, 2013