Paulie's Plunge Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Avon, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,325 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: This trail is closed annually from May 1st- June 30th for wildlife migration.

Went on 5/10/20. Moderate incline most of the hike in. Rocky terrain from last rain, so would recommend ankle supporting boots. Once we got to the creek/bridge, the trail dissipates due to the snow. We kept going about ~>.5 miles from the end in Beaver Creek, however, there was so much snow coverage, sinking us at least a foot into the side of the mountain, walking at an angle. Needless to say, we turned back before it got dangerous. Definitely need to wait for more snow melt on this one.

bridge out
closed
icy
private property

STAY HOME

great for winter hiking and snowshoeing

Really lovely trail! A ton of aspen trees, I’m sure it would be amazing in the fall. Snow was hard-packed and totally manageable in regular snow boots... had some recent snowfalls and saw a good number of skiers and boarders pass us on our way up

Since our south facing side is melted and muddy we headed up Paulie's around noon. Trail was in great hard packed condition. Not crowded in any sense but relatively a lot of traffic with the mountain closures. Turned around at the shear ice section since not everyone had spikes. Beautiful day / nice hike.

Beautiful walk through the snowy woods! Completely flat at first until the Eagle-E Vail Trail breaks off, then gradual incline. I ended up hiking with spikes, brought my snowshoes but left them in the car because the trail was very well packed. Saw 6 people - 4 on skies - and 4 dogs. I forgot to start recording at the car, so I started it at my turn around point. I was moving slower than usual - practicing my winter plant ID! Saw Aspen, Douglas fir, Lodgepole pine, blue spruce, Rocky mountain maple, snowberry, serviceberry, and an alder or birch. Lovely trail!

Great hike! I brought my dad and my dog. Snow is packed down and easy to hike. First 25 minutes is very easy, barely any inclination gain. Then there’s a lot of incline. Would have been easier with hiking spikes on the bottom of my boots. Light traffic. Saw about 5 people on the trail. Beautiful aspen trees

Beautiful, even in mid-October. Flat-ish to start, then a moderate climb. Note that the trail shown here that splits to the north and goes along the river is currently not passable all the way to where it shows meeting up with the one that goes up the valley. You can take it to the stream, but going west from there, we found lots of downed trees across the trail (unless we just missed the actual trail).

One of my favorite “go to” hikes.

This was one of my favorite hikes this trip!! It is longer than the app indicates at 5.9 miles total. (We went to the top where it opens up at the Cinch run in Beaver Creek). The first part of the hike is easy and it is a moderate ++ as you meander towards the top. The aspens are incredibly beautiful right now and this hike is spectacular if you enjoy a walk through the woods with some difficulty.

Stay right at the first intersection to follow the trail. It was so beautiful with the aspens changing colors! Would also be a great spring or summer hike. Make sure to get there early. We got there around 8 on a Sunday and were the second people there, but it was packed when we left.

Perfect hike for fall! We did this hike wearing our 2 year old and 5 month old, it was perfect. Good distance, nothing technical, the last mile to the top was a little steep, with not a lot of traction, but definitely doable. We started around 8am and didn’t see anyone on the trail until the very end!

Really beautiful view of the aspens and very peaceful and empty. Pretty steep the whole way up. Really accessible from our resort in beaver creek.

Beautiful. Beginning was quite level and shady. Follow 2349 and you will be fine. Hike a bit steep in parts. End up at road and ski run. Several downed trees to sit on before turning back.

I did it today 8/29 and I had the entire trail to myself. It was great. But if it wouldn’t have been for two ladies I saw at the beginning I would’ve taken the wrong trail. I would advise to just stay in the left side and just follow the trail. There’s no really a sign that says “Paulie’s plunge” There’s plenty of shade and it’s very nice maintained.

Very nice hike. Steady climb the whole way with some steep spots. Lots of aspens, this would be beautiful in the fall. Directions on All Trails GPS were wrong and took me to a residential dead end by the golf course. Using the map I figured out how to get to the trailhead. Only a few parking spots. No sign says Paulie's Plunge at trailhead. Follow the Stone Creek trail. Only when you get to the top at the ski hill and turn around to come back is there a sign that says Paulie's Plunge.