Park View, Strawberry Jack and Pine Lake Loop

Park View, Strawberry Jack and Pine Lake Loop is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pine, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 524 feet Route Type: Loop

Got to the park really early. Did the loop and a bit more in the most perfect weather. Views from Park View Trail were great!

Great short hike, not at all crowded.

good smaller hike, unfortunately the views weren't that great, pretty flat at some points. when you are near the river those are the better parts once you go in deep its pretty lonely and a lot of dead tree. good for a quick hike if you don't mind the drive.

My daughter and I love this “loop”. Takes maybe a couple of hours and it’s not too strenuous. It’s a great trail to hike and still have time to do other things. The views are amazing. We were able to take our dog on a leash. Good time. Highly recommend.

Great hike for kids! Beautiful views some water along the way.

I really enjoy this trail as a quick escape loop! Inclines are enough for you to feel like you’re working for the top. The best part is when you’re finished, you can go sit by a beautiful rushing river and relax! Lots of wild flowers on this trail and eerie burned tree remnants.

it was pretty easy. Dogs are allowed which I great, on leash of course. There were bikers and kids and older people doing this hike. My point is, this trail is definitely for everyone!

Great hike!

A decent hike. Some inclines & stairs that get you breathing heavy. Nice views. Dog friendly. I like that there are bathrooms, trash cans, picnic tables and shelters at the trailhead.

Great hike for kids! Water, brooks, and a "summit". We did it with 9yr, 7yr, 4yr, and 1yr (in the backpack). We did it in two hours, taking our time, including a stop for lunch. I might recommend starting at the Park View side of the loop and going up the steps.

Hiked this last Saturday with my husband and pup! It was quick, relaxing and very enjoyable. No snow on the trail. Take a walk down to the river, it’s another short loop that takes you right back to the parking lot. Highly recommend for visitors and children. Nice little spot to picnic down there also.

Great trail! The first half is challenging and second half of the loop is easy peasy. Be mindful of bikers and be sure to walk the lake and listen for the frogs! Definitely less busy earlier in the day and no snow as of early May. Enjoy!

Perfect little day trip from Denver-left my place at 11:30, back by 3. Hike is just long enough to feel like you did something but not so long it takes up the whole day. Very light traffic on a Monday and the trail was dry and ice-free...perfect chance to enjoy the spring weather! And there were frogs by the lake!

Great hike with clear trails, no snow or ice. Beautiful vistas from top. Would definitely do again!

It was a great day for a walk. The park was mostly empty and I had the trails to myself. Most of the ice is gone and there was no need for special gear. Beautiful views of the park.

Very little ice left. Nice views but I would rate this trail as easy.

We hiked on 3/27/19 and found the stair section of the trail to be icy. We used our yak tracks thru this section

Icy in some areas but overall great trail! Not very crowded and dog friendly

Mon Dec 24 2018

Good hike, on the shorter side but still a good workout on the way up. Nice views. Went 12/23, some snow but not too much. Lake was completely frozen over which was pretty cool.

Wed Dec 12 2018

Nice hike, we took the stairs up and it was a good incline up. Great views from the top. Short hike!

Sat Oct 13 2018

64F in October, had to check this place out! Arrived at 9am, I saw about 20 cars parked(3 parts of big parking lots, easily fit 120 cars) but ran into only 2 dog walkers and 2 fishers. Looks like most people were off to biking. 4 stars because I expected little better views. I have a feeling this place is packed in the summer. Have fun, my fellow hikers!

Tue Oct 09 2018

Nice little hike, pretty views!

Sun Sep 09 2018

Got there a little after 9am, parking lot 10-15% full. Started around the lake which was nice, so the end of the hike we were going down the stairs and had a nice view. Good views throughout. Pups had fun. Lots of sun exposure. Walked a little way up he narrow gauge trail and found a nice shallow spot where the pups could play in the water. Easy quick hike.

Fri Jul 13 2018

Great trail with awesome views at the top. The trail connects to other trails in the Pike National Forest as well. Looking forward to going back!

Fri Jul 06 2018

Nice morning hike and pretty easy. Lots of fallen and dead trees, thoughThe lake and river are beautiful and there are great views once you get to the top. Wildflowers, bees, a woodpecker, and other wildlife made this hike great!

Fri Jun 22 2018

Great incredible views of Pine Grove, CO and the entire buffalo creek area.

Wed May 23 2018

Love this place! Connected to a few off the map trails to make for a longer hike. Beautiful scenery the whole hike. Not crowded on a Monday morning.