Paradise Cove Swimming Hole Trail

Paradise Cove Swimming Hole Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Florissant, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A Granite Walled Swimming Hole: Paradise Cove (also known as Guffey Cove) is a hidden little swimming hole near Cripple Creek. The cove is a short, but sometimes steep 1/2 mile (one way) hike. You will be rewarded for your modest effort with an afternoon of fun, and a whole lot of good stories to tell your friends. The cove itself is a small but deep pool, fed by a small waterfall. The pool is surrounded by steep granite cliffs that provide diving platforms for the adventurous. There are three different heights, each providing different levels of thrills and danger. Aside from swimming and cliff jumping the site is very scenic and a fun place to just hang out. Note: Cliff jumping is very dangerous - proceed at your own risk

Parking lot was full. We had 4 kids with us, (9months, 18 months, 3 years, 5 years) The babies were carried by baby back! packs. VERY STEEP right at the beginning, our friend fell with her baby on backpack, both were okay. Couple times you pass a creek. Very steep on the way down to cove as well. I felt it was worth it and did it with a baby on me. I jumped the cliff too. Addrenal rush! I didn't like all the drinking going on and there was law enforcement present writing tickets to some. Didn't bother us any. Good time with the family. On the way back to the parking lot was a heeping pile of beers cans left on trail, we picked up! Be responsible and respectful to mother earth!

I actually have a question (sorry I couldn't figure out how to ask it elsewhere): how "easy" is the trail? One of our party is an older person who is not in great shape and is also afraid of heights. Are there spots where the footing is unsure and there is the potential to fall any distance? Thanks!

My son suggested we check out this place called "Paradise Cove". . . . Never heard of it. Been in the area for 13 years! After a hour and a half drive, we pulled into the parking lot. and headed up the trail. What a Pleasant little walk. About a mile one way, to a wonderful little spot. I'm not much of a swimmer, so I did a lot of "hanging out", but the kids chose to take the "plunge". . . Over all it was a Great Day! Friendly folks, Nice Hike, Beautiful area!! If You're looking for a Nice place to spend an afternoon, This is it.

It was pretty great!
The parking lot wasn't full, the trail was beautiful and the people friendly and respectful. The swimming hole was very well taken care of by the people who come to visit, which is great. We plan to go back and make this a regular place to visit.

Beautiful views.

This hidden gem isn't so hidden anymore. However the trip was well worth it. Beautiful scenic drive there and a beautiful area. Our kids absolutely loved it!! Short hike and plenty of areas for the kids to explore. This is a hiking trail that has no limits to other areas off the path that kids and adults will spend hours exploring some of the most beautiful rock cliffs and trails that run along a gentle stream. The only downside is there were about 40 people there when we got there but everyone was super friendly and mostly stayed at the small cove to cliff jump in the water. Most of the area had little to no people and we can't wait to visit again!!

Awful. Young party goers everywhere, drinking, partying, and constantly yelling, using alcohol and drugs, completely trashing what I'm sure was once a lovely spot in nature. Young people dangerously and stupidly jumping off the cliffs, despite warning signs of injury and death. I knew it was only a matter of time, and sure enough, a girl was severely injured while we were there. She was bleeding profusely and screaming and hollering and crying as people tried to administer first aid on her in a remote area. The hike looked like it had once been beautiful, but now it is trashed, ruined, and dangerous, and the whole situation made me extremely angry and annoyed, not at all a good, peaceful or positive experience in nature for a summer Saturday off of work.

Not family orientated on the weekends, due to young military members. A lot of fun to jump off of! No swimming area besides the diving hole. Very pretty, has a little climbing that may be hard for toddlers. Puppy friendly!

There really isn't a hike here. While, you need to be able to navigate a few rocks and steep spots, other than that it's a gentle short 1/2 mile or less walk in. There are vault toilets at the trailhead and parking for about 20 vehicles. No food or water available. Bring a blanket and picnic. Good for about an hour total if you chill and eat.

This really seems to be a hang out for college age kids.

Please don't jump off the rocks. They have to haul out so many people from here that they've pre-installed rescue/recovery points in the rocks.

This really isn't a "hike" I guess. Found some broken glass and beer bottles. The cove was alright. Quick 7 minute walk one way.