Paradise Cove Swimming Hole Trail

Paradise Cove Swimming Hole Trail is a 1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Florissant, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 147 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

From mid-May to mid-September, there is a $6 per vehicle day-use fee. There are regulations in place: no alcohol, no overnight camping, no amplified music, no target shooting, no glass, pets must be on a leash, and parking in designated areas only. Visitors are only allowed to use the area between dawn and dusk. https://www.blm.gov/visit/guffey-gorge A Granite Walled Swimming Hole: Paradise Cove (also known as Guffey Gorge) is a hidden little swimming hole near Cripple Creek. The cove is a short, but sometimes steep 1/2 mile (one way) hike. You will be rewarded for your modest effort with an afternoon of fun, and a whole lot of good stories to tell your friends. The cove itself is a small but deep pool, fed by a small waterfall. The pool is surrounded by steep granite cliffs that provide diving platforms for the adventurous. There are three different heights, each providing different levels of thrills and danger. Aside from swimming and cliff jumping the site is very scenic and a fun place to just hang out. Note: Cliff jumping is very dangerous - proceed at your own risk

I went with a group of 11 on Saturday, Sep 21. I was nervous it was gonna be too busy to get a good spot for all of us to hang out & watch people jump, but that was not the case! And there were several great viewing areas to set up in around the cove. We got there at 10am and left around 3. We maybe saw another 40-50 people cycle through throughout the day, which was great because we got to watch lots of jumpers. The trail conditions were good, and there was a group of people working on improving the trail at the first steep decent near the parking lot. Kudos! Definitely need good shoes for the short hike.

beautiful hike, very peaceful in the morning when no one else is there.

As it stated above, you need to pay $6. Bring cash. This was SUPER heavy trafficked trail and a bunch of young crowd. A park ranger was sitting and watching for everyone's safety. The map shows you can go further from the swimming area but there really is nothing at the end of the trail. Had to walk around a tall bushy area and didn't see anything special. It's better to walk to the swimming area with a pair of shoes rather than with sandals. 08/25/2019 #45

Beautiful hike. The walk down and climb back out to and from the swimming hole was moderate to hard. You better be in decent shape to get down and back out of the last part of the trail. LOTS of people there on a Tuesday afternoon.

Beautiful short hike to the cove but rocky at some points. Lots of people but the line to jump was never long. Will go again but probably during the week when there are less people. Note: The hike did not take us that long. I forgot to stop the recording, so it includes the hike out, time there, and hike back. We only jumped twice.

Super easy hike. Absolutely worth taking a jump off the cliff into the swimming hole!

Beautiful place!

Great swimming hole for cliff jumping, but other besides that I don't recommend. Semi easy hike, until you have to walk down a hill which is doable, but just smaller children it may be difficult. Wouldn't recommend bringing large items such as coolers, chairs, etc. Many lakes in the area would be better for small families or people wanting to spend the whole day day camping and etc.

Arrived in the afternoon right after a storm cleared it out. We made the short hike to the cove and were rewarded with some exhilarating cliff jumping. Bring a towel, water shoes, and a picnic. Enjoy.

Had an AMAZING time with my family. Really crowded, but that’s what I get for going on a weekend. Lost my sunglasses when I jumped but I found someone’s Apple Watch when I was looking for it. Still looking for its owner.

Beautiful. Unfortunately it’s more of a college party spot. The were tons of kids and loud music.

Awesome place. Really fun to jump in. Plenty deep but I wouldn’t dive I did touch the bottom once. Lost my watch though let me know if anyone finds one. Thanks Edit: My watch was a black fossil watch with a personalized engraving on the back

Short trail but beautiful all the way through!! Nice place to take a swim.

While very beautiful, this trail is HEAVILY used and attracts alot of young people. If either of those things arent your "thing" then this trail probably isnt for you.

We had a great time hiking this trail. My favorite short hike so far. We took our 9 year old son and if was fun for all. Some loose rock going in and out so wear good shoes.

Very pretty! I would suggest going earlier and not going on a weekend. When we went, we got there at around 10:00 am and hardly anybody was there, people started showing up around 12.

One star. Super crowded. And then there was this one Asian guy who refused to jump off the ledge and was there for an hour and a half contemplating it before he just climbed back up. Really backed up the jumping for everyone.

This trail was pretty cool! You can go cliff jumping (at your own risk) and set up a little picnic area. There are park rangers that make sure you don’t bring alcohol down there which sucks, but it’s super pretty and a good place to lay out and swim. BRING SUNSCREEN.

We took the dogs out for a walk up to the falls. It was a short, beautiful hike to the falls/swimming hole. The only complaint that I had, was there was alot of people. I plan on going back in my bathing suit once the water gets warmer.

So beautiful we definitely enjoyed everything minute of it!! Clean and would definitely recommend for an easy hike. Children and pet friendly also!!

Nice swimming hole but busy on a weekday. Lots of high school kids!

This is a 0.5 mile hike that ends with a steep descent into the gorge, or "cove." As far as the trail goes, it's quite the pretty walk along Fourmile Creek. Lots of healthy growth - some wildflowers and grass, with the canyon drawing you in. There is a creek crossing, which requires a little balance and attention. Otherwise it should be manageable for kids with the assistance of adults. The climb back up isn't entirely difficult, but pay attention to loose rock and dirt. Remember that the lot requires a day-use fee at $6.00/day. Bring cash, fill out the envelope, and deposit at the bin near where you first enter. Bathrooms are also available at the parking lot.

short and easy.

This trail was beautiful! It’s a short hike with two steep rocky portions and some parts where you cross the stream by rocks. We went twice because it was just so beautiful. I love this trail and can’t wait to go in the summer when we can swim.

I love this trail! Beautiful views, very peaceful and a nice climb/hike to a pretty water hole

Beautiful hike! The canyon looks like your in Jurassic Park! Not too difficult, down to the water hole is a bit treacherous because of loose rocks and gravel. Nice spot to hang out and have lunch or snack if it’s not overcrowded with swimmers. Nice hike to take out of town guests too.