Panorama Point Trail

Panorama Point Trail is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

lovely hike through trees and along a creek until you start climbing toward the top. it's an incline but not at all too steep. good hike for folks coming into town. weren't too many folks on a Friday morning, but there were some mountain bikers.

Perfect views even on a cloudy day- can’t wait to go back to see the aspen leaves change color at this location!

great hike. limited parking

Lost dog. His name is Stanley and he was last seen on this trail on 4/5. He is a 70 pound wire haired German Shorthair pointer. Very friendly. If you see him please call 720-940-1089. If you can grab his collar and catch him please do so. His owner is hiking the area to find him as we speak.

Had a great time hiking this trail with my dog. We went during July and it was a beautiful the whole way through.

Beautiful views during fall!

Easily one of my favorite hikes in the front range. Quick ascension, GORGEOUS views of Kitteridge. Hiked yesterday and micros were nice for traction at the beginning but the snow/ice thinned out towards the top. Highly recommend if you’re looking for a quick hike with rewarding views.. perfect for visitors

love this trail

We were looking for fall viewing while hiking. You wrap around the top of the mountain with front range to one side and Golden on the other. Absolutely amazing views! Totally worth the drive up from Denver!

Not a hike but rather an observation point! Great hike around called raccoon Trail! Easy/moderate with amazing views and colors

Very pretty hike. Reverend's ridge camp ground to raccoon trail to panoramic. Easy but with some incline. Fall aspens are beautiful but close to the end of their peak. We got there early but the TH was small so limited parking

Fun easy trail with a great view.

I am definitely coming back in the fall for the aspen trees. Loved the trail with a friend's dog, went through beautiful meadows with wildflowers. I had to make sure that I was on the right trail several times, as there are a lot of turnoffs. There were plenty of people on the trail who helped me make sure I was still on the right path. There is no service in the area, so be sure you take a trail map or know for sure where to go. Very dog and kid friendly trail. You are supposed to pay to park because it's a state park FYI.

6-10-17 -JN/ OT; started at campground via raccoon trail. We saw a moose sling way. The views are worth it. For family / out of town guests-- you can drive to the view point too.

A very touristic hike which brings you to a nice 360• view of the area. There was some snow what made it a bit slippery. Unfortunately we couln't do the whole loop because of the snow on the other side which made it quite difficult without proper gear.

Got married here in the fall; love hiking here in the fall. Great views and memories!

Fun trail but I followed the directions to the trailhead and it took me on a different trail it was 10 miles round trip to panorama point.

Nice trail with a lot of ups and downs throughout (which is nice for older knees). The Racoon Trail loop is slightly different now as the original trail is closed for rehab. The downside is that this trail parallels the road for most of the way, so you never really get a wilderness experience.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Nice hike, good amount of elevation and great panoramic views!

Monday, April 24, 2017

Very nice hike there today. Beautiful view of the mountains along the way. Definitely a moderate trail, no real difficulties or gotchas. A good afternoon outing.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Not the prettiest hike but fairly easy round trip. I would definitely drive farther north into mountains for a more scenic hike next time though. Maybe it's the time of year?

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Steep at times, it was an excellent work out going up. The views really were "panorama" views at the top! We brought visitors from out-of-state and it was a perfect trail to show them the great views.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Easy hike to get some good exercise and end with a great view of the town below. The majority of the trail is sheltered from the wind and has both sunny and shady stretches.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Liked this trail alot - had great views at the Panaroma Point. Cars are allowed to drive up to that point and there are vault toilets there as well. The views were great and the trail was easy to follow and well marked. Not a hard hike at all, but a fun one. - Completed Oct 29 2016

Sunday, November 27, 2016

This was an ok hike. Nice little outing to get outside and get moving. Relatively easy. Would recommend for families with little ones.

Monday, September 19, 2016

I woke up and knew right away that it was one of those days where I just really needed to find myself. This trail caught my eye on AllTrails and I knew it was the one. I went with my significant other and we had such a magical time. The slopes were not too steep, not too flat, they were just right. It gives your thighs the perfect burn. If I were to rate this trail I would say solid 7. Would bang for sure.

Monday, September 19, 2016

It was the perfect hike for seeing the changing leaves. Many of the Aspens were a gorgeous yellow. We took the Mule Deer trail to the Panama point parking lot which has a nice viewing deck. We would have done the full loop, but the Broncos played at 2. Nice for families with small kids.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Really nice hike! Just 50 minutes from Denver. Good mix of forest and woodsy scenery, with great views of the foothills and various parts of the Rockies when at the top at Panorama Point. One decent incline at times, but would rate this as easy for an experienced hiker, with more than enough beauty to look at.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

my son and I had a great time on this trail. perfect balance of challenge and casual.

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

This trail was very confusing - it seems poorly marked (park maps vs. trail signs) and, frankly, borderline dangerous for that reason.

The park literature lists it as a "moderate" loop trail that starts at Revends Run Campground, follows Raccoon Trail and towards the end includes a view from Panorama Point. It says the loop start to finish is 2.2 miles. But that's not the case - at least if you're judging by the signs on the trail. It took a while to do the upper portion of the loop, much farther you'd expect for a 2.2 mile trail. Then at Panorama Point, it said there was still 2.3 miles to go back to the campground. Um, what?

We did this trail in about 3-1/2 hours, which is twice as long as we'd planned judging by park literature. We also had a child with us, who luckily did OK on such a long hike. We didn't bring much food or water, since we were expecting a short 2.2 mile loop.

It's a gorgeous hike, don't get me wrong. But just be warned it is more than twice as long as the state park literature claims.