Panorama Point To Bear Creek Trail Loop

Panorama Point To Bear Creek Trail Loop is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kittredge, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very slick this morning even with spikes. Would have rated it on the easier side of moderate if it wasn’t for all the ice. Some traffic at 9am, great views

Hiked 2/2 afternoon. Pretty busy and slick in spots. Would highly encourage microspikes or yaktrax if there is snow at the trailhead. Not a great view from the top but a quick hike close to Denver.

Hiked 1/25/19. Great quick hike with a panoramic view at the end. I used spikes, no need for snowshoes despite snowfall the day before. Could probably do with just good boots, but the downhill would be a little slippery. Took me a little over an hour to complete the whole thing. I’m an experienced hiker in moderate shape and found it pretty easy, though the last incline could be difficult but doable for people not used to elevation.

Nice short hike with pretty great views of foothills and some of the higher country as well! Quick access from Denver. Hiked on Monday, micro spikes were pretty necessary, you could see trails from people sliding down along the trail. Would say it’s a pretty easy trail, although I hike a lot so the incline didn’t bother me as much as it might someone from out of town

Didn't need spikes today. Nice view at the top, quick hike close to Denver.

Did this one yesterday. Great weather for it. Most of it in short sleeves. Some patches are icy in the beginning but enough trail dust you just have to pay attention and it went well. Bit more hazardous coming down. Great trail. Saw maybe 2 dozen people for the whole hike which is a slow day for this trail.

Nice hike, aptly named. Very easy at first with only substantial elevation gain before the top. A bit of snow and ice for the first third of a mile, but didn't need any traction. Definitely a nice little hike

Great hike, not too strenuous. If there is snow at the base of the trail, you might want to consider some good footwear, poles and some crampons. The trail can get quite slippery when going downhill, with risk of falling into the adjacent creek. It gets better after about 0.5 miles from the parking lot.

Lovely nature walk close to Denver. The view at the top is legit and would work well to satisfy the average out of town guest. No snow on the trail today.

2 hour hike at comfortable pace within 45 min of downtown. Great all around hike, decent amount of shade and views.

amazing in the winter. gorgeous area look out at the top

We took our 5 week old son. It’s a great hike for beginners, visitors and families. Easy trail with moderate sections. When taking the loop I recommend taking the right route. Have fun and happy hiking.

4 stars for the sunset, but the hike was not anything challenging or awe inspiring though. Short enough to watch a sunset at the top but not be caught out after nightfall long enough to need a headlamp or anything. Fairly short, easy hike close to Denver!

Great hike for just enough resistance so you don’t feel like you’re just nature walking. The view at the end was very pretty, definitely glad we took this one as I’m sick and my hiking buddy was from out of town and not used to the altitude

Harder than I expected, but a beautiful trail. Very shaded. The incline on the way up was hard for my new to Colorado lungs but I definitely want to go back. Watch out for a lot of bikers though. Also, limited parking at the base. And if you're coming from Denver, it's a short and gorgeous drive!

This was mine and my family'a first hike! it was amazing but is a little more difficult than expected. The last inclin up was hard but well worth the view and the accomplishment! Definitely going to do a return trip up here!

This trail should really be rated "moderate", as it was quite challenging at times. It is also NOT a loop. In and out is how it goes.

Lots of shade, which is great when you go in the middle of the day like we did. Also because we went in the middle of the day, on a Sunday, it was quite busy. The path is very narrow at some points requiring either you or them to pull off to the side for passing people. It took us about an hr up, and 45 ish down. The view up top is well worth the hike. It is quite beautiful!! Parking was difficult at busy times because it only has a small lot at the trailhead, which fills fast. We parked along the street.

If you looking for a heart pumping hike that won't kill you if your not an avid hiker, you will like this trail.

This trail was absolutely amazing. It wasn't too difficult but still posed a challenge. The trail was well marked and really clean. Once you get up to the top,
( which took me about an hour) you get a beautiful view. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that wants to go on a nice little hike with their family.

This was a nice easy hike not too far away from Denver. The trail head has its own parking lot, but there isn’t a bathroom at this trailhead.

The hike itself is very pretty. You start next to a stream and head through the woods before going uphill to the point. Signage is very clear.

Unless I’m missing something, there was no loop at the point. Once we saw the views we came back from the same way we started. The distance is still about 3 Miles total.

Easy, pretty, and fun for all ages/ ability levels!

First I would like to say that if you’re coming from the Corwina Park parking lot that there is NO loop! We went up to Panorama Point thinking we could take it back down on a loop like AllTrails show on the map view and there was no trail to be found. So this was an in and out trail for us.

Secondly this is more of and easy/moderate hike. Short trail but very steep and rocky for a good mile with not much leg up. I will say although I was worried my 5 year old wouldn’t make it she did!

Lastly the payoff was nice but not amazing. Glad we did it. Any day hiking is a great day!

Great little hike! The views from the point are breathtaking. First portion is easy, filled with wildflowers and lots of shade. The trek up to the point was more rocky but not too steep. Light traffic for a Monday morning!

A great little day hike!

Nice, quick hike just 30ish mins outside of Denver! Go in the morning to avoid crowds. We got to the trailhead around 10:30 and barely saw anyone on the way up. Lots of traffic on the way down (after 11:30) Lovey spot at the top to relax (if there aren’t a lot of people). Easy hike most of the way, a little more challenging as you get on the Panorama Point Trail going up but quick descent back down. Treed most of the way, sunnier as you get to the top. Good for a summer morning hike.

Awesome view at the top. Easy enough for the dog too. Went early on a weekday and saw 5 people total.

Very nice hike! Great view at the top! We found the trail very easy to find and that it was well marked. Mixed shade/sun. Just went on a Saturday around 1pm and it wasn’t too crowded at all.

Decent trail with mixed landscapes with some steep parts but mostly level with gentle grades. A fair amount of bikers with little regard to anyone else.

Arrived at 7:30am on a Wednesday...only ones there! Really nice trail. Starts out narrow trail thru thick forest. Starts to open up about 1/2 way up. Gradual incline for first 7/10 of a mile. Then at split to Panorama point, it gets more of an incline. But don’t stop. Last 2/10 are fairly steep, but levels off near top for great viewpoints! We are casual hikers in our 60’s and we made it. Enjoy this beautiful shady hike! Total distance to top is about 1.5 mile with 650 elevation change.

Great sunset

A little difficult to find but great once you’re on it. My husband and I hiked this today in a little under 2 hours. There were a lot of spots for great photo’s! The trail was moderately busy with other hikers, bikers and many dogs. I had only running sneakers with me for this trip and they faired just fine, though there is one spot with a staircase of rocks that I slipped a bit. All in all a great hike for us first time hikers!

A little hard to find, but a nice / easy hike to a great view. Mountain bikers are everywhere on Bear Creek trail, so be aware when on that section of the hike.