Palmer Trail (Section 16)

Palmer Trail (Section 16) is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Walked counter clockwise and enjoyed the workout. Excellent views.

Great trail and beautiful views. Not a fan of the last quarter mile walk down gold camp road though.

A little tricky to know where to head from the trailhead as there are multiple smaller trails that weave around and join back to the main trail.

Steep hike for the first two miles (looping counter clockwise), but beautiful views of the city, GoG and glimpses of several city landmarks.

Hiked mid June and began around 8:45 and it was HOT for the second half of the hike. If hiking in the summer, hydrate accordingly!

I'll probably hike in the opposite direction next time!

So much fun going down. Great views, and we'll maintained trails.

This hike was exhilarating. First of all, I didn't realize that it looped so my husband and I did a total of 10 miles as we went all the way back as the sun was setting. I slipped on ice and slid partly down the side of one mountain, it rained on us and we spent the last 35 minutes in darkness. It was crazy but worth it!

Great views, leisurely hike throughout.

As always the first mile is a challenge but once on top the landscape is spectacular. The stream is flowing at the footbridge. The parking lot was full but I never ran into very many people. Don't park on the side of the road where the sign says no parking. The Ranger gave out 6 or 7 tickets to those that did.

This is my go-to hike - absolutely love it!

very challenging up hill for 1.5 miles at the start of the hike. It was a great workout! beautiful views from the summit, and a peaceful descend on the back side of the loop. When we crossed the little bridge at the waterfall, there were 30 or so purple butterflies all around. It was beautiful.