Learn more

Palmer Park Outer Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(411)
Palmer Park

Palmer Park Outer Loop Trail is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 7.4 miles Elevation Gain: 849 feet Route Type: Loop

A multitude of trail combinations that make it very easy to make your ride into an all day affair. This trail has everything from the easy flowy trails to black diamond descents through rock gardens.

We took the upper loop. We ended up off trail a few times but it’s easy to get back on when you check the map.

super difficult to follow this trail just because a lot of portions look like they could be a part of the trail and they're not - I'm usually pretty good but this one was a bit difficult in terms of getting my bearings. otherwise it was a nice change with some different landscape- really pretty views when you get out of the trees, but i also appreciate the trees for their shade

I love this park, but this particular loop was difficult to follow with all the trail intersections. We ended up taking a couple of shortcuts because there were a few trail sections that were short loop backs that felt unnecessary. We ended up doing an enjoyable 6.7 miles.

Amazing trail I park at the big parking lot at the end of lazy Road and it’s the start of Yucca Trail. It’s a pretty fun hike I actually did it 2 times today. I like to run the trails and there’s a lot of overlooks that leads to with amazing views.

I just moved to COS from Tennessee and I love this spot! I lived in Idaho for 3.5 year's and COS competes with "The City of Trees" aka Boise. Good location, fun trails--but I wish people picked up after their dogs (like I always do), have some courtesy. I love setting up my hammock with my pups and just relaxing to a gorgeous rockface/city view from between two trees. Not far from the apartment makes it so ideal!

This loop is incredibly hard to follow, as there are no signs for it. It follows at least 3 different trails within the park, and you are pretty constantly bouncing between several different trails in the first half of the hike. It evens out for most of the remaining hike after that, but we did find ourselves off trail a few times. Great views. Very little shade through most of it. No problem to complete with my 7 year old son.

Perfect! Walked this with 5 kids and did 2 miles total out and back . Safe and fun

Seems like thousands of of trails! Bring a GPS. Trails dry but that's going to change with snow next week.

Was an easy hike. Got off the trail a few times

Hard to navigate without phone

A ton of trails from flat surface to great declines and inclines! Amazing views!

icy

Was running out of daylight so had to cut it in half. AMAZING TRAIL. Challenging but still plenty manageable to run most sections. This thing is a hidden gem.

icy

We were only able to do the big loop due to incoming rain. Once we got on Templeton it was quite nice but it was hard to find the trails as there are lots of random paths. Fairly muddy getting to Templeton but then it dried out.

icy

A bit icy in shaded sections but nothing regular shoes can’t handle.

icy

Would’ve LOVED the trail if it was marked better. Had to cut it short because my phone kept shutting down. Luckily I have a great sense of direction. But will be doing again...

Normally fun to hike all the trails in and around the Garden. Beautiful day but the trails were muddy, mucky and slippery. Best to wait another couple days for them to dry out from the snow storms