Palmer Lake Reservoir via La Deux Reservoirs Trail

Palmer Lake Reservoir via La Deux Reservoirs Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Palmer Lake, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Very beautiful after a light snow fall.

Loaded up the mountain bikes to ride this trail, LOL too much ice. We hiked it and would recommend bringing the spikes with you. Can't wait to ride it in the Spring! @monumentkettlebells

NO DOGS ALLOWED.
Nice little hike, would do again!

Pretty icy but the lake at then end is beautiful and it’s an easy climb

Definitely a good amount of snow and slick spots, but worth the trip. Our two daughters, 6 and 9, did fine. I fell twice. Most of it is on a gravel road. The big lake is beautiful. Sun goes behind mountains around 3:30 right now.

Open, lots of snow and a little ice. Wife and I just did this as our 2nd hike ever (just moved from SC) rookies don’t shy away it’s an easy path (basically a service road). Picturesque views, have fun

Trail is indeed open and lovely!

Open today! Lots of people hiking. Gorgeous as always.

Anyone know if it’s still closed?

The dog restriction is unfortunate but was bound to happen. We would frequently hike out dog poop that others had left behind on this trail. To add insult to injury, the town didn’t have any disposal bins at the trailhead, so often times we would have to drive into town to dispose of the waste properly...that certainly didn’t help matters, I’m sure. I wish there was a way to punish the irresponsible dog owners and not all of all of us (some poop cams following by some social media shaming?) because this is bound to happen on all of our trails. If the city willing to spend money to have police officers patrol the trail, then please ticket the people not following the rules instead of punishing all of us. It’s frustrating to the good dog owners out here who are cleaning up after the bad ones.

This trail was OPEN yesterday-rough ascent and descent due to steep incline and trail conditions but worth it for views at top. Palmer lake police were patrolling it to enforce no dogs rule.

9/15/18: CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Trail closed due to erosion. No repairs are in progress. The gate blocking the road is closed and they placed tons of barbed wire as a deterrent as well.

This trail is indeed closed for repair.

I do love this trail and am sad that it is closed due to erosion. It was my daily go to hike for a quick way to get out of doors. As for the folks that are condemning this trail because of the No Dogs Allowed policy, that is something you can blame on irresponsible dog owners. The town folk are not dog haters and there were plenty of warnings prior to the move to forbid dogs on this trail stating that people need to clean up after their furry friends or they would not be allowed. I've seen this time and time again on numerous trails where people don't pick up after their dogs and in this case, it is not only an unsightly and smelly problem, but it is bad for this environment particularly given that these reservoirs feed the town of Palmer Lake their water. Would you want someone's dog pooping near your water supply and the owners just leaving it there? Seriously, if everyone would take responsibility for packing out whatever they take in, things would be so much more pleasant for all.

Drove an hour to get to this trail with my BEAUTIFUL german shepard and pit bull and got there to realize that this is a no dog trail with an $800 dollar fine, what a hateful decision to make, our fluffy creators deserve to come with us on trails, to whoever complained this much about dogs being on trails SHAME ON YOU, way to ruin a great day, thanks for being so entitled. will not be coming back. 0/10

Trail closed for repairs. Multiple signs

This has (or, rather, had) become one of my favorite hikes. However, just within the last month or so, the town of Palmer Laker (presumably driven by a few dog haters) has completely banned dogs from the trail.
It was bad enough last time I did it (about 6 weeks) ago -- they had plastered the trail with DOZENS of signs stating "Dogs must be on leash" -- it was literally visual pollution.
But, apparently that wasn't good enough for the haters, so now dogs are banned. I didn't notice the sign at the trailhead (I've hiked it 5-6 times, why would I read the signs), but saw it after we'd done the hard part and gotten to the first reservoir. This is a foolish and hateful decision by the town.

This trail was mostly incline on the way up, but the lake was so beautiful and peaceful, it was worth it! we set up hammocks and hung out for a few hours enjoying ourselves!

I just moved from Florida so I’m still getting used to the altitude change but not hard otherwise. Beautiful place for picnic at the second lake. Very serene by the water.

Beautiful hike, mostly uphill going in with a few flat breaks. Reservoirs are lovely. Kids ages 4-7 and grandparents age 60 had a great time.

Great trail. Scenic, very challenging

TRAIL IS CLOSED!! If people would have read the reviews on here first they would have known BF they drove down that dogs were banned. I posted this the day after the ban went into effect. Now it is closed for repairs & there is a good possibility it will Never reopen. In the last couple of years we have had increased problems not only with irresponsible dog owners but people spraying profane graffiti on the rocks, cutting trails & other general disrespect. This is happening Nationwide. It's disgusting & makes me angry.

The hike up is hard. Once you get to the second lake - it’s so, so beautiful!!! Go in the early morning.
You’ll see raspberries, wild blue berries and MANY flowers. Police DO patrol the area so follow the rules.

Steady up climb for over a mile, then easy. Nice lake and distance views with some interesting Rick formations. Most of the hike is in the sun but we had a very nice breeze.

good incline, good views.

Nice gravel trail, just wish there was more shade.

A very beautiful hike all the way through. Mostly up hill but not that tiring

Easy hike and so, so beautiful! Perfect for families, too.

So beautiful, nice moderate hike!