Palmer Lake Reservoir via La Deux Reservoirs Trail

Palmer Lake Reservoir via La Deux Reservoirs Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palmer Lake, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

cave

old growth

Steady up climb for over a mile, then easy. Nice lake and distance views with some interesting Rick formations. Most of the hike is in the sun but we had a very nice breeze.

good incline, good views.

Nice gravel trail, just wish there was more shade.

A very beautiful hike all the way through. Mostly up hill but not that tiring

Easy hike and so, so beautiful! Perfect for families, too.

So beautiful, nice moderate hike!

beautiful busy trail

This was a great little hike! my 10 yr old son was a little discouraged at what appeared to be a "never-ending" uphill trek. However, after several rest and water breaks we made it to the far side of the 2nd reservoir - took us just over 1.5 hrs. We set up our hammock and he admitted that it was well worth the hike! The downhill took us just over 40 minutes - that included a few stops to play on a few of the boulders. Definitely a thumbs up!

Nice short hike to a beautiful little lake

Great hike close by! Nice steady incline to the reservoir. Some shade along the way. Beautiful lake views. Definitely ok for kids and pets/ just keep them out of the water and clean up!

Beautiful area but please remember that dogs and people are NOT allowed in the water ever and dogs must be leashed. Also it is not an area that allows shooting and currently there is a fire ban. There are multiple signs up about this but I guess people just don't notice them? CO Fish and Wildlife was up and enforcing the rules thankfully, I'm sure they issued several tickets based on what I saw today. Suggest getting there early as it gets crowded during the summer, or going in the off season. Fall is a pretty time to go up with less crowds. Nice place to go if you live nearby and want to squeeze in a short hike with pretty views without driving too far. I believe there are other trails branching off this one too but I have yet to explore them.

Super beautiful. Hike was way more intense then people have made it out to be though. Incline was a lot steeper than we expected.

What a beautiful hike! I took four grandchildren ages 4-10 to the end of the trail. They had a blast. It’s pretty much all a slow incline up and if you have any wanderers keep an eye on them for there are some steep drop offs. It’s four miles each way, unless again you have a wanderer like I did, and I know it had to be at least nine miles for him as we zigzagged up...him wandering to the edge and me pulling him over to he far side of the trail. Yes, it was the four year old. I wouldn’t recommend it for any child younger than four unless you are willing to carry or pack them up. Coming down take it slow, the gravel is loose and it’s easy to slip. A walking stick would be a nice addition to your gear. There were lots of people on the trail, but it never felt crowded.

Good easy to moderate hike mostly up the service road to the reservoir. Occasional views back over the eastern plains / monument area. The reservoir was nice and quiet on a Monday evening. Great weeknight evening hike to avoid crowds.

SUCH a gorgeous hike. The further you go, the more beautiful it gets. A little up hill to get to the reservoirs, but totally worth it. Lots of pretty spots. Can’t wait to go back.

Loved the hike and the views. Gorgeous reservoir but not as kid friendly as I was hoping for.

More on the heavily trafficked side than moderately trafficked side. Make sure your dogs are leashed and kept far from the water (sign says 100 yards or fines up to $1000/1 year in jail)

Great early morning hike. Not many people and so serene.

Awesome views and great hike. Not too hard.

Really beautiful short hike. The incline up wasn’t too bad. We made it easily with a 7 year old a 10 year old and a dachshund. Started at about 8am and wasn’t too busy. Parking lot was full by the time we left though. The views were spectacular.

Very nice trail not too busy for an early morning Thursday hike. We wondered off the path and up a ridge to find some pretty neat boulders.

Very good hike to start into our Summer hiking mode!

Fantastic trail for a good hike. The incline isn't too bad, and it was about 45 minutes up to Palmer Lake 2, coming down was much faster. The views at the lake are unbeatable.

Beautiful trail with lovely reservoirs. Medium traffic.

Wonderful trail

Beautiful, easy, popular hike.

Beautiful hike but lots of people. Guess that's anywhere in Colorado on a Saturday. I'd go back and hammock up in the trees!!

Great hike! Not hard but enjoyable! Make sure your dog is on the leash :)

Beautiful hike. Incline was a majority of the hike, would have been easier if I wasn't wearing an infant. We went on a Sunday and it was pretty crowded but still totally worth it. I would do this again but on a weekday.

My wife and I really enjoyed this one. Was only slightly steep on the way to the reservoir but pretty easy overall. Lot of great views along the way and the reservoir at the end is beautiful. No ice or mud on the trail and just a couple small puddles. Very little traffic for a Sunday, although it was Easter Sunday.