Overlook Trail

Overlook Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Avon, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

If you're looking for a nice challenging trail at the Beaver Creek Resorts Colorado, this trail is for you. Out and back trail that goes almost straight up.

Be sure you know when the lift closes , if you hope to ride down. Beautiful hike, on a well maintained trail. It does go up up up, except one brief section,though lovely woods and across the ski runs. I was afraid I took a wrong turn when the trail headed downhill for a short time, but no, soon I was back to heading up. The sign at the top said this hike is 4 miles one way, I have good knees, but I was still ready to ride the lift down. I arrived at the top at 5:15pm, and the lift had closed at 5pm. The kind and fun lift operators gave me a ride down .

Good option coming back from beaver lake trail via allies way versus just out and back . Nice to be in trees and traversing ski slopes after being on old road.

Difficult but fun! One hell of a leg workout!

This is easy-ish, but long. If you know the area you basically hike near (though you can’t see it) the Centennial Chair - up and over into the Larkspur bowl and hike up to Spruce Saddle from the “back” side. It’s easy hiking with great paths, but steep... it’s “up” the whole way. It’s totally worth the hike! I “hiked” down Cinch.... though next time I’ll take the lift for convenience. It took me about 90 minutes to the top.

It's a steady uphill, but I'd still call it moderate. We did a little over half this trail today with a 4-year-old and it was awesome! The leaves were almost at peak color, and the trail goes through lots of Aspen trees. Beautiful!

We took this to Allie's trail head instead of Cinch trail. It's a very steep uphill climb for about 2 miles and should be rated at difficult so be for warned if you take this up.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

More like 3 miles one way. All up hill if you start from base of Beaver Creek. We road gondola back down to save our knees

Friday, September 16, 2016

Steepet than i expected. 9500 and took service road navk

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A fairly difficult hike with lots to look at. The views on the hike were more exciting than the view from the top, although it is fun to see down into Beaver Creek Village. We hiked up, which took us a little over 3 hours and rode the gondola down... Which made it even more manageable!

Monday, July 04, 2016

Definitely challenging, but well worth the effort. Majority of it is through amazing trees of it and wildflowers with bits and pieces of awesome views of the mountains. Take the hike up and the free gondola down after a beer at the top.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Definitely challenging parts of this hike, had to pace myself. It was beautiful all of the way up especially with looking out over larkspur!!

Friday, July 31, 2015

Would not rate this as "easy" going up. Switchbacks & 2100 vertical
Ft gain.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

My boyfriend, dog and myself did this trail from the bottom up, and then back down again. Was very challenging and a fantastic workout! Absolutely love Overlook!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I hiked this trail in July with my husband and 2 teenage sons. We live in CA at 800 ft. elevation, so were a little concerned the altitude would be a factor, but no problems with that. We decided to hike up and take the chair lift down, which turned out to be a great decision. The aspen trees are beautiful and some nice views along the way. It is definitely a challenging hike with very few flat or down slopes. We only encountered one other person who hiked up; everyone else took the chair lift up and hiked down. The serene, relaxing chair lift ride down (free if you only go down) was worth all the effort to get to the top! Go for it!

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

This trail is located in Beaver Creek Village Avon, CO. Being in shape is a must before I recommend anyone trying to attempt this trail. I just came off a 10.5 mile trail
climbing 2,900 feet in Taos NM the day prior and my quads were fine. I climbed a total of 2200 feet to the top of the Overlook and the next 2 days, my quads were sore. The
Overlook is a steep climb with very few flat areas. I was told most people don't climb from the bottom to the very top, they take the ski lift up and hike down. If you're up
for a steep climb, with great views going to the top, this one's for you.