Ouzel Falls Trail

Ouzel Falls Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Take Hyw. 7 south out of Lyons, past Allenspark, to Wild Basin Trailhead.

This is such a great family hike quit easy my son is two an he was able to hike a good 1 mile before he got tired . It is so pretty . It's a must do !

The tops always the best!

I loved this hike! It was a bit long but so rewarding once you get to the Falls! So much water throughout the hike trail. Can't wait to go back to Colorado to do this again!

This is the prettiest trail I've been on! Everything is beautiful and the water rushing is a wonderful soundtrack to hike by. It's moderate - not too intense. Definitely will be back and I definitely recommend!

9-10-17
Awesome trail! Not difficult, but not too easy. We got to the trailhead just after 1:00pm on Sunday, plenty of parking, but of course we were caught in afternoon storm. The overcasting made for a beautiful hike with all the waterfalls. But I really loved this one start to finish!

Beautiful drive to the trailhead and an amazing hike! One of the best I've done so far! Gorgeous and well maintained trail, quite busy on a Saturday morning. The waterfalls along the way are beautiful and the flowing water from falls as well as from the ever-present stream can be heard throughout the hike.

Well maintained trail. Lots of water features including waterfalls. Moderate traffic. Fantastic hike overall.

This is a fantastic trail for those that love water features (I do:). Three beautiful falls to be seen--each spaced apart enough to keep you motivated to get to the next. Overall, I loved this hike!
TIP: Drive all the way to back to check for parking spots. It's a very long walk if you park near the entrance of the park. Try to get close to the trailhead if you can.

You have to get there early to park at the trailhead parking lot. (Best place to park) We got the the parking lot about 8:40am and got the last parking spot! We went 9/2/17. The weather was perfect, not to hot and not to cold. It was a perfect day. We had led with 2 kids, 8 yrs old and 6 yrs old and they did just fine. If you have enough energy, go up the trail to get on top of the waterfall. It's a little further but way worth it! My kids got on top just fine! One of the best hikes I have been on! Have fun!