Ouzel Falls Trail

Ouzel Falls Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Take Hyw. 7 south out of Lyons, past Allenspark, to Wild Basin Trailhead.

The road leading to the trailhead for Ouzel was blocked off about 1.3 miles short of the trailhead, making it a slightly longer hike. The road is very flat and easy to hike though. The trail was completely snow covered, which in my opinion made the hike so much more beautiful deep in the alpine woods. I highly recommend hiking with cramp-ons and gators. The snow was getting pretty deep at times even on the trail and certain sections of the trail are completely ice covered and difficult to cross without spikes. All in all this was a very pretty and leisurely hike which includes a variety of fantastic scenery.

We hiked this with our bridal party after our wedding. We wanted to show everyone how beautiful Colorado was. Everyone on the hike couldn’t stop commenting on how beautiful this place was. It wasn’t a difficult hike I’d say easy/moderate. It’s definitely so worth going. We will definitely be hiking this again.

I love this trail so much. I think my favorite part is the cascades but the whole thing is so pretty. Nothing steep or challenging here. Just prettiness . It's been getting more popular lately. We actually got turned away last time we went there. During the winter, it's great for snowshoeing and is sometimes completely empty.

This was an amazing hike, it couldn't have been better weather when we went in August.

The gates were closed about 1.2 miles from the trailhead so that added a couple extra miles to the hike. The trail was dry at the beginning then about halfway through, it was hardpacked snow and icy in spots - we had Yaktrax with us and those worked perfectly (no need for snowshoes)! Alot of the smaller waterfalls on the way up to Ouzel Falls were frozen over but Ouzel Falls was still flowing. It is a beautiful trail for winter hiking! Highly recommend

Beautiful hike. The first almost have is very mild hiking. When you get to the falls, take the extra effort to venture of trail to get closer to the falls. The hike beyond is very pretty as well.

Beautiful hike through forest, walking along a creek the entire way. The trail passes two additional waterfalls (Copeland and calypso) before reaching Ouzel falls which is spectacular. The trail kind of stops at a bridge and you need to climb over some rocks to see the front of the falls. This was the least busy trail I’ve hiked so far in RMNP. We loved it.

Outstanding views of Longs peak. Nice moderate hike. Well worth the trip to see the falls

Beautiful views

Excellent trail. First 1 1/2 easy. The second 1 1/2 moderate.

Wonderful hike today. Snow and some ice this morning.

Great hike for our first day in the park. Numerous beautiful falls and streams along the hike. Highly recommend! Water is still flowing great right now.

short hike to a great waterfall. would suggest

This is our favorite starter hike when we come to RMNP to acclimate to the higher elevation. It is a fun hike along the stream with many delightful views of rapids and small falls. The parking lot is a way back on a one-lane road, but don't worry as there are plenty of spots for cars to get around each other. In active hiking months plan to get there early to make sure you get a parking spot.

Nice hike through thick forest. Along water most of the way. The stream is beautiful in many spots with waterfalls and cascades. Uphill but not too strenuous. Can be crowded in high season.

Great hike! Never visited this part of RMNP before this trip. One of my favorites! Near water the entire hike basically. So beautiful!

This is such a great family hike quit easy my son is two an he was able to hike a good 1 mile before he got tired . It is so pretty . It's a must do !

The tops always the best!

I loved this hike! It was a bit long but so rewarding once you get to the Falls! So much water throughout the hike trail. Can't wait to go back to Colorado to do this again!

This is the prettiest trail I've been on! Everything is beautiful and the water rushing is a wonderful soundtrack to hike by. It's moderate - not too intense. Definitely will be back and I definitely recommend!